Home

"One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

This is a discussion on "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #57
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "One Game, One Goal, One Community" is a ridiculously bad goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not seeing it. I'm going by his words and his words show that their focus is on a different community.

Whats frustrating is the lack of long term planning. They added in the PI and Defensive Holding animations two years ago right? Given the amount of contact they have with the comp community and their Gamechangers program, they had to know that the comp community would hate defensive holding and more penalties.

Knowing that you would think that they would say "Lets connect the likelihood of a holding animation occurring to the slider so that if the comp crowd doesnt want it, we can lower that penalty by slider and the sim crowd can use the slider to get as many calls as they want".

This **** isnt that hard. It really isnt. If I wanted to I could make NBA 2k the most arcade basketball game around simply by using sliders and options. Same with the Show. But its this "one size fits all goal" that has handicapped EA games for years.

It doesnt ****ing work.

Even the game I'm working on (UFC) has started to see that and is skewing toward a more sim experience and I think people will like it. Madden either needs to make a choice and choose which play style it wants to use or give us the tools to tailor the game how ever we want it.
This hits every nail on the head.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 21

I got a chuckle a few Sundays ago...in one of the NFL games...it was a shoot out...like 50-40 or something...I don't remember which game, but one of the players interviewed after the game said it was like "playing Madden..just one big play after another...a video game experience"

C
Old 11-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #59
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

when i saw this on twitter a few days ago....i just shook my head and sorta gave up on every playing a sim football game again.

from spectacular catches. to button mash mini game when rushing passer, to nothing more than a button press when passing the ball.

this game has its controls basic AF compared to 2k, nhl and the show.

why are the controls so basic?? to give users less control. keep the dice roll system in tact. they dont want to reinvent the wheel.

i wrote a post about how madden needed to add a throw meter similar to the show when you pass..

they have us hold l2 an r2 for different moves when running combined with R stick. why not the same for pass rushing??

because they wanna keep it as simple...as basic as possible.

some penalties dont even have sliders....they are just simply on or off..

why couldnt they keep DH an turn it off for comp?

there are soo many things the sim crowd throws out as ideas to get what we want or easy fixes to things...

but madden doesnt do it because that makes too much sense.

or hey we like that idea, but we don't have anything solid to promote for madden 19 for you sim guys...so we will implement this idea our way (half-a$$ed) and tout it as a new feature you requested an that it works your way.

wish we could start a go fund me for 2k to make another all pro football...but skip out on legends....just have generic players and teams fully customizeable.

2007 might have been a lil early for all pro 2k8 in the sense..madden still put out a good product in madden 06..

but it was in the years to follow madden has done their worst to us..

i think if that game had waited 3 mkre years to come out it would have sold way more copies.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #60
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

They'll never get it. Only fix is they lose exclusive NFL rights and another game comes in to provide natural competition, which is probably years and years away.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #61
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
They'll never get it. Only fix is they lose exclusive NFL rights and another game comes in to provide natural competition, which is probably years and years away.
This probably and sadly never happen, The NFL approached EA not the other way around. Both companies are making hand over foot, no reason to ever end the agreement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #62
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
This probably and sadly never happen, The NFL approached EA not the other way around. Both companies are making hand over foot, no reason to ever end the agreement.
Unfortunately, you're right.

Maybe a company can come in and just create a generic football game that's super realistic and 100% customizeable, so we can add all the NFL teams/stadiums/players/uniforms in?

I have more hope for that, than I do EA figuring out how to make a realistic football game.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #63
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Maybe a company can come in and just create a generic football game that's super realistic and 100% customizeable, so we can add all the NFL teams/stadiums/players/uniforms in?

I have more hope for that, than I do EA figuring out how to make a realistic football game.
yes!!! just give us tons of customization and great gameplay!!! thats all we want!! great realistic sim football fun that lets get lost in our franchise!! give us that rpg franchise element.

at the point playing with nfl uniforms or players doesnt matter to me...

i could have just as much fun with fictional teams an players.

heck!! there is a huuuge thread about draft finds....those guys are fictional..

and in 2k...tons of people make fictional teams in franchise.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #64
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Quote:

As soon as one person uploads an NFL logo the entire thing would get shut down. IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »