Home

IR/Depth Chart Issues

This is a discussion on IR/Depth Chart Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
IR/Depth Chart Issues

So in a bizarre instance the Vikings had all 3 quarterbacks injured after the pre season was over. I checked their roster and noticed that they hadn't signed any other quarterback and their kicker was set to start the first game of the year. It was a Monday night game so I assumed after the Sunday games were over they would release a player and sign a quarter back. To my dismay they decided to roll with their kicker starting at QB. I mean, what's that all about? Also, I noticed that CPU controlled teams do not put players on IR if their injury doesn't pass 18 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IR/Depth Chart Issues

Poor programming. I've also noticed the CPU not putting players on IR unless it extends beyond the SB or they are guaranteed to no longer make the playoffs. And I've also seen several teams with multiple QB injuries and not signing a FA and instead rolling with the 60something OVR or the kicker.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Is this something that can be fixed in a patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

I have seen this once in a CFM. I had to take the team over and release their injured scrub 3rd string QB (who had no signing bonus so the CPU could have easily done it without penalty) and sign another scrub 3rd stringer to get them through to the post season.

CPU teams handle injuries so poorly, that I purposefully use a lower injury setting so that CPU teams wont get over-burdened with injuries. It's a lame way to stop the issue, but I cant be bothered checking CPU lineups all the time.

20 on the injury slider it is for me.

I would like to use 30-40 but the CPU AI is juuuuussst terrible and I cant trust it.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:07 AM   #5
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I just checked my current Cloud CFM and the CPU appears to be doing fine with injured QBs. One team has 3 injured, but they signed two FAs. It is still poor programming when the CPU isn't sending the lower OVR ones straight to IR or cutting them. No reason to keep them on the active roster with them being low OVR.

Somehow Brady has missed the first 5 weeks of the season (2019) and the Patriots still went 4-1. Gronk is injured too. They can't be stopped, even in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »