Home

does anything real life play into maddens ratings system?

This is a discussion on does anything real life play into maddens ratings system? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
does anything real life play into maddens ratings system?

by now..most of you should know about the juju ordeal...

said he kept looking back on a 97 yard td because his speed rating in madden was so low...( i think a 83)

so just like that...EA...to cater to the players bumps him up to a 98...(i think) i know it jumped over 10%

so that leaves the question...what the heck determines a player's rating in madden??

speed is the 1 rating that should be the easiest to get accurate because pretty much all players run a 40.

it should be pretty simple to assign a speed rating to each 40 time..with a 4.2 = a 99 and each 10th of a second drops it down 1 point.

now i know that young guys can get faster their first few years in the league from work outs an training and body development...and those things can be looked at each OFFSEASON.

but JuJu is a rookie. he ran his 40 at the combine....and either they gave him a 83 in correlation or they just slapper an 83 on him..

but the fact that they can go an just increase a dudes speed rating by more than 10% just cuz of 1 play an 1 comment he made tells me 1 thing.

MADDEN NFL...YOU ARE NOT SIM!!

just throwing random ratings numbers at ppl to make them happy and no other statistical data is 100% unacceptable.

we have this great tool...Pro football focus that ranks players during their current season an for all previous seasons...and your ovrs dont even matchup!!!

look..maybe JuJu speed rating was too low to begin with...but a jump of 15 points?? seriously EA??

and what logic or data did you use to give him a 83 in the first place for him to now be worthy of a 98...

madden doesnr have ratings go below 25.

so speed ratings from 25-99. thats 74 ratings points...his changed by 15!! thats over 20% of the entire speed rating scale!! just boosted.

my rant has carried on long enough..

but im just sick of seeing tweets from EA devs claiming they sim...seeing videos of rex talking about being sim..

and yet you ABSOLUTELY 100% prove their is zero logical or statistical factor in what determines a players rating for each of maddens attributes.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: does anything real life play into maddens ratings system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
by now..most of you should know about the juju ordeal...

said he kept looking back on a 97 yard td because his speed rating in madden was so low...( i think a 83)

so just like that...EA...to cater to the players bumps him up to a 98...(i think) i know it jumped over 10%

so that leaves the question...what the heck determines a player's rating in madden??

speed is the 1 rating that should be the easiest to get accurate because pretty much all players run a 40.

it should be pretty simple to assign a speed rating to each 40 time..with a 4.2 = a 99 and each 10th of a second drops it down 1 point.

now i know that young guys can get faster their first few years in the league from work outs an training and body development...and those things can be looked at each OFFSEASON.

but JuJu is a rookie. he ran his 40 at the combine....and either they gave him a 83 in correlation or they just slapper an 83 on him..

but the fact that they can go an just increase a dudes speed rating by more than 10% just cuz of 1 play an 1 comment he made tells me 1 thing.

MADDEN NFL...YOU ARE NOT SIM!!

just throwing random ratings numbers at ppl to make them happy and no other statistical data is 100% unacceptable.

we have this great tool...Pro football focus that ranks players during their current season an for all previous seasons...and your ovrs dont even matchup!!!

look..maybe JuJu speed rating was too low to begin with...but a jump of 15 points?? seriously EA??

and what logic or data did you use to give him a 83 in the first place for him to now be worthy of a 98...

madden doesnr have ratings go below 25.

so speed ratings from 25-99. thats 74 ratings points...his changed by 15!! thats over 20% of the entire speed rating scale!! just boosted.

my rant has carried on long enough..

but im just sick of seeing tweets from EA devs claiming they sim...seeing videos of rex talking about being sim..

and yet you ABSOLUTELY 100% prove their is zero logical or statistical factor in what determines a players rating for each of maddens attributes.

Juju smith schusters speed has been 88 since madden has dropped until now which it is only 89. To be honest it should probably be higher because he is a very explosive player evidenced by his catch and run where he didn’t get caught from behind by very fast defensive backs. And it hasn’t been just this one play he’s basically inserted himself as a number 2 receiver in one of the deepest receiving corps in pro football.

To add to that, the 40 yard dash is not always an accurate portrayal of speed. There are many ways to improve your 40 time. Likewise some players may run it injured or just not run it to their best potential.

I can also speak from experience that running a 40 yard dash is much different than running with a football on a field with other players chasing you. There is almost nothing like it and it sometimes can just bring out an explosion or burst of speed out of people that they normally wouldn’t be able to use normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesx10
Juju smith schusters speed has been 88 since madden has dropped until now which it is only 89. To be honest it should probably be higher because he is a very explosive player evidenced by his catch and run where he didn’t get caught from behind by very fast defensive backs. And it hasn’t been just this one play he’s basically inserted himself as a number 2 receiver in one of the deepest receiving corps in pro football.

To add to that, the 40 yard dash is not always an accurate portrayal of speed. There are many ways to improve your 40 time. Likewise some players may run it injured or just not run it to their best potential.

I can also speak from experience that running a 40 yard dash is much different than running with a football on a field with other players chasing you. There is almost nothing like it and it sometimes can just bring out an explosion or burst of speed out of people that they normally wouldn’t be able to use normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
umm

and

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...95554442584067

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Thats definitely a reaction hype post to generate short term interest. I wouldnt go by anything except for actual proof of what his speed rating is in the actual roster in-game.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

He was an 88 when the game was released and now he's an 89, I don't know what that tweet was but he didn't get his speed bumped that high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Although you do have a point about how Sometimes ratings being head scratching, funny the one you chose to hammer home is backed by misinformation and a lack of research on your part.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Although you do have a point about how Sometimes ratings being head scratching, funny the one you chose to hammer home is backed by misinformation and a lack of research on your part.
why would i think a tweet from madden would be misinformation??

Old 11-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
why would i think a tweet from madden would be misinformation??

I believe that he’s referring to the fact that you didn’t know that Madden uses 40 times and 20 yard split as it’s formula for determining speed and acceleration ratings already.

Where Madden gets it wrong, probably due to technological constraints, is that human locomotion doesn’t work the way that it does in a video game. In Madden a players speed determines maximum velocity while acceleration determines the amount of time that it takes to reach maximum velocity - which once reached, remains constant. A human being reaches maximum velocity at a certain distance (different for every player), and begins to slow down incrementally. The better athletes whom can maintain maximum velocity longer than their peers can appear faster at distance even though their 40 times (short distance sprint) may be recorded slower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »