Home

Building a new defensive scheme for SIM in M17

This is a discussion on Building a new defensive scheme for SIM in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Building a new defensive scheme for SIM in M17

Hey folks, I'm still playing M17 but I figure it's not much different in 18 anyways.

I'm developing a scheme to use in my new offline CFM with the Vikings..but I'm hitting some bumps I can't seem to make it over. Thought maybe somebody else might have some suggestions.

So right now I have a base defense out of the 3-4 Over ED (A hybrid 4-3 alignment), with the ROLB being replaced with a 4-3 DE. I'll use that on most downs, except for 3rd and Long or other clear passing situations. Mostly running Cover 3 Sky, or variants of Cloud.

On clear passing downs I switch to the 3-4 Odd, allowing me to have my DE/s in a blitzing 2 point stance. Shifting to ensure only the NT gets doubled. Allowing me to attack with 4 Ends in 1 v 1 or better if I have the right personnel. Especially against 2 wide sets.

So now I hit the stump. I don't know when to play nickel. I don't really NEED an extra DB since the nickel defender in Cover 3 doesn't need to be fast in most cases. I like the packages though, just not the DB being forced on me to play things like Double A.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »