Home

Concrete Strategy for Mitigating Sacks Issue

This is a discussion on Concrete Strategy for Mitigating Sacks Issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Concrete Strategy for Mitigating Sacks Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
TM - do you only user the DLine?
I am an unmitigated disaster in coverage, so I do play a DL or edge rusher on most plays.

This approach allows me to play those positions without breaking the game. Previously, using a less disciplined approach, I would totally break the game by usering a DL or an edge rusher.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
This a great example of what OS is here..this is a solution to a problem..I agree with u Trojan 100%..are u still using ur physical edits as well? Because I still 100% agree with ur thought on that as well..EA tried to combat Michael Vick type QBs by nerfing QBs physical ability behind the LOS..

Also to piggyback off ur opening post..no DE/OLB/DT just rushes the passer without a plan, any Pro level rusher..is no different then a good pitcher..they are constantly setting things up for further moves..

I would only suggest the best DE/OL animations in this game are shown only when u allow the CPU to control the front 4

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I am no longer editing physical attribute edits. I'm only making sure that the two QB player/style types in the edit screen match each other. That's it.

I agree with you that the best animations occur when the CPU controls the edge players, but I've also found out how to replicate some of those animations while feathering the stick.

One thing they could do is give us more manual control over the pass rush so we can take the "set up" chess game to another level in the pass rush.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Is every thread now doomed to be infected with the usual Madden baggage, it seems likely.

As to the topic of the thread, In addition to most of the things that TM does, I also have raised the CPU pass blocking on All-Pro to 58. That has been the sweet spot for me. Several years into my CFM with an elite Rams pass rushing unit, I only get pressure on about 30% of the plays when I send only 4.

Another thing that has to improved for M19 CFM is getting the CPU teams to value elite offensive lineman much more than the do now. They are more likely still to draft a QB early to be the 3rd string guy, than go after a LT to shore up their Oline. When I do play against a rare CPU team with a top tier line, their whole offensive is exponentially better.
I agree re: increasing PBK. On AP, I'd turn it up. On AM, I'm working with it at 25 for now but I've done a quick check at PBK from 25-50 and it seems that the whole range is viable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
When I do play against a rare CPU team with a top tier line, their whole offensive is exponentially better.
This is why I'm a huge advocate of "Season Two (and Beyond) Gameplay"...

The CPU shows up with much better OL as the seasons roll on...

I also would like them to value OL more in the draft, but in the one I just had, they actually did!

More OL taken in the 1st than I've seen in previous iterations...

Might be a fluke, but I'll take it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Also to piggyback off ur opening post..no DE/OLB/DT just rushes the passer without a plan, any Pro level rusher..is no different then a good pitcher..they are constantly setting things up for further moves..

THIS IS SIM.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks for sharing TM.

As soon as I receive the console back(hopefully tomorrow), I'll be trying out your suggestions.

See, before the console went in for repairs, I was usering mostly safeties and I wouldn't see the issue as much, mostly here and there.

I can't wait to look at your findings.

This is one of the reasons why I said before I had the game, if, by chance I like Longshot, I wouldn't post it on OS because of the known outcome.

I "tinker" with all sports game to get the desired play that I am looking for once the box is open. I don't care how others get the game playing the way they want to.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #14
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I am an unmitigated disaster in coverage, so I do play a DL or edge rusher on most plays.

This approach allows me to play those positions without breaking the game. Previously, using a less disciplined approach, I would totally break the game by usering a DL or an edge rusher.
Usering the DLine is also the reason you are having to make these changes. It takes practice, but you should really trying sticking with a LB or Safety. I made the change 3 years ago and it only took me a couple weeks to get used to it.

Then it depends on your ability to cover. You can give up big plays with the wrong decision. Or make a great play by guessing at what the CPU might do. And letting the CPU do the pass rush completely makes it more realistic.

Tough to take anyone seriously if they are still usering the DLine.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Usering the DLine is also the reason you are having to make these changes. It takes practice, but you should really trying sticking with a LB or Safety. I made the change 3 years ago and it only took me a couple weeks to get used to it.

Then it depends on your ability to cover. You can give up big plays with the wrong decision. Or make a great play by guessing at what the CPU might do. And letting the CPU do the pass rush completely makes it more realistic.

Tough to take anyone seriously if they are still usering the DLine.
The last line in your response strikes me as dismissive and is thus not really in the spirit of the dialogue I intended to have in this thread.

To your other points, I do want to be able to use other positions, and I do from time to time control an MLB or an OLB who has a coverage assignment. I'll also sometimes use a S. The difficult part for me is understanding my role within a coverage in zone, and more than that, in properly trailing a receiver in man. MCV is very difficult for me. We all have differing levels of coordination. I'm on the low end of the spectrum for reaction time and dexterity.

Thanks for your input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #16
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The last line in your response strikes me as dismissive and is thus not really in the spirit of the dialogue I intended to have in this thread.

To your other points, I do want to be able to use other positions, and I do from time to time control an MLB or an OLB who has a coverage assignment. I'll also sometimes use a S. The difficult part for me is understanding my role within a coverage in zone, and more than that, in properly trailing a receiver in man. MCV is very difficult for me. We all have differing levels of coordination. I'm on the low end of the spectrum for reaction time and dexterity.

Thanks for your input.
Stick with zone concepts if you aren't great at following a receiver in man coverage. Unfortunately zone defense in the game isn't great.Too often defenders end up manning the wrong zone or not covering receivers entering their zones.

You can also mix in some zone coverage with cover-1 and cover-2 concepts by manning the LB/S in hook/deep coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »