Home

Game decided who wins before you play???

This is a discussion on Game decided who wins before you play??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #9
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Game decided who wins before you play???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It's starting to happen to me often enough that I do believe the odds of having a kick blocked in a division game are higher than other games. I've had five blocked in my last four division games. It's happening often enough that I don't think it's a coincidence
I have not kept the numbers, but I am pretty sure this is a fact. I will say, it works both ways (I block more AI kicks in division games, as well), but it does seem the game gives ratings or die roll boosts/reductions to keep division games close, regardless of ratings or play call.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

so here is my logic and i know there is stats speak issues that means its invalid etc., however
how many fumbles in 4th qtr vs other qtrs in the nfl? how does that compare to madden in comp or sim ...
Old 11-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #11
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I've found that when things go wrong early and it looks like the wheels are about to fall off, if you're just patient and stick to your game plan you can get back in the game pretty quickly
I'm starting to believe in this theory as well. It's almost rubberbanding for the user vs CPU. I've played many games were I was down 14 or 17 early and came back many of times. This was even on All Madden.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #12
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7

In addition to what others have already posted, I'm now in the habit of protecting the ball with the RB button right before contact. That has drastically reduced the frequency of fumbles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally enjoy firing up my CFM and watching the antics in these type of games. I think it's comical because I'll go into a division or playoff game and my guys will be completely incapable; Fumbles, picks, missed tackles especially.

What makes it hilarious is not the random and gross ineptitude I'll witness from my team, but that when I quit the game and restart it, the outcomes are the complete opposite. That really makes no sense.

What is happening on the field has nothing to do with my input or my player's ability. We've seen this for so many years within this product that I honestly believe it would be almost insane to think this type of scripted logic is not evident.

I think at the end of the day it's kind of moot because all sport games have to do this in one form or another to stop the user from finding clear patterns and just flat out abusing them. I think Madden's issue is that there is no way to get around having to deal with the AI, and with no real multiplayer option that matches what people get with Hockey, Basketball, and Soccer games (All players on the field are users), the game will continue to come up short.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #14
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m honestly a mixed bag on scripting. On one hand, it makes for some interesting games and some crazy finishes. I love having about :50 left on the clock, being down by 4, and driving down the field for that gamewinning TD.

On the other hand...it’s scripted. It’s not natural football. But I don’t know how else they could balance it; nobody wants a 73-3 blowout every game and nobody wants a 9-6 linear game. Although I do enjoy a good defensive slugfest every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-20-2017, 02:19 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
What is happening on the field has nothing to do with my input or my player's ability. We've seen this for so many years within this product that I honestly believe it would be almost insane to think this type of scripted logic is not evident.

I think at the end of the day it's kind of moot because all sport games have to do this in one form or another to stop the user from finding clear patterns and just flat out abusing them. I think Madden's issue is that there is no way to get around having to deal with the AI, and with no real multiplayer option that matches what people get with Hockey, Basketball, and Soccer games (All players on the field are users), the game will continue to come up short.
Totally agree. It's totally evident to me. I see it in other games, too. The players move unrealistically, there's a lot of suction and the like during scripted plays. Just played a game where I threw a dumb pick in the flat. Instead of heading down the sideline for the easy TD the ai player inexplicably headed back to the middle of the field where I could tackle him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #16
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

as one whom only plays in our online league, and has done so for 8 years straight, over 65 seasons . I used to feel this way, and i understand why people feel this way. Some games , it does seem like no matter what you do , your gonna lose. You have numerous good drives, only to fumble in redzone, opponent makes big plays, you get down big early. After that seems like everything you try fails, and when you dont fail, something happens before you score.

I totally understand that feeling. It is just a feeling though , if one thinks about the part of the game being based on "dice rolls" . I mean some days you just keep rolling craps at all the wrong times. If you play enough, your going on losing streaks in dice rolls. Its just going to happen from a mathematical standpoint, its bound to happen at some point. But man does it suck when its your day to have a bad streak about all game.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »