Home

EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

This is a discussion on EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #89
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Less $ for Franchise Mode improvements for next year if you are hoping for that.
I wouldn't come to that conclusion. If they ignored CFM and sales went down, ignoring CFM even more isn't going to help sales
Old 11-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #90
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I wouldn't come to that conclusion. If they ignored CFM and sales went down, ignoring CFM even more isn't going to help sales
I am just saying, from a business prospective, less sales equals less money resources to go all around for the next game, wouldn't you agree?

I didn't mean to target CFM, but it goes without saying, it will hit the whole game if there is less money resources to go around vs the year prior.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #91

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Probably not but it would result in more of a focus on ways to increase revenue in area's of the game where revenue can be made and the CFM that we know isn't one of those area's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #92
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
I am just saying, from a business prospective, less sales equals less money resources to go all around for the next game, wouldn't you agree?

I didn't mean to target CFM, but it goes without saying, it will hit the whole game if there is less money resources to go around vs the year prior.

We will have a better picture at the end of January when they announce Q3 revenue but here’s a sneak preview:

“More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in the "Longshot" story mode through Q2 and Madden Ultimate Team players are up 25% year-over-year.”

Not sure if that nets a gain or offsets the perceived shortfall in unit sales. Interestedly, CFM isn’t even worth a bullet point.

Source: http://investor.ea.com/common/mobile...ERTS&mobileid=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #93
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
We will have a better picture at the end of January when they announce Q3 revenue but here’s a sneak preview:

“More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in the "Longshot" story mode through Q2 and Madden Ultimate Team players are up 25% year-over-year.”

Not sure if that nets a gain or offsets the perceived shortfall in unit sales. Interestedly, CFM isn’t even worth a bullet point.

Source: http://investor.ea.com/common/mobile...ERTS&mobileid=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This scares me.

With how focused EA is on money, and how disconnected they are with their fan base, this is very bad news for Franchise and Franchise fans.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #94
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Probably not but it would result in more of a focus on ways to increase revenue in area's of the game where revenue can be made and the CFM that we know isn't one of those area's.
It depends on how the decision maker is looking at the available info. If they determine that a big chunk of the lost sales are from CFM players that weren't happy with the state of the mode, it's going to be easier to improve CFM and get them back than it will be to increase revenue in other areas. It's easier to keep a customer than find a new one
Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #95
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:

Long term I agree with you but I don't see them cutting back on resources because of one bad year of sales. That would be like the Yankees having a firesale and slashing payroll because they had one bad season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #96

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
It depends on how the decision maker is looking at the available info. If they determine that a big chunk of the lost sales are from CFM players that weren't happy with the state of the mode, it's going to be easier to improve CFM and get them back than it will be to increase revenue in other areas. It's easier to keep a customer than find a new one
Sadly I think it's pretty clear how the decision makers view CFM versus a mode that can make money at this point.

Put yourself in the decision making process as if your job depended on making money. You could try and increase base sales in a mode that doesn't have additional revenues (CFM). Or you could try and increase base sales that could also come with additional revenue (MUT). It's a very easy decision to make at an executive level.

What frustrating for most here is we truly see the passion the dev team has, they just seem to be handcuffed with where they spend their time. I truly believe that the reality of it is that offline CFM players will really have to accept MUT and it's success if we want to see any progress in the mode we like the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »