Home

EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

This is a discussion on EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #105
MVP
 
Junior Moe's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I always imagine them boosting sales significantly if they copy 2K's MyCareer/Park and make it like NFL street. I agree that 2K does a better job than Madden on feeding all the mouths even though 2K had a lot of issues this year, Madden is terrible at it.
I agree completely. Gamers in the current gaming landscape love that stuff. Like franchise, this is another area where Madden lead the way. Superstar mode back on the OG Xbox was fun! I still remember selecting my parents and taking the Wonderlic.Road to Glory was really well done, too. The template is there. Longshot is alright, but if you'd combine that story with the old superstar mode stuff you'd have something. The on field gameplay is great already; just needs more personality and signature stuff. Instead of a Devin Wade MUT card imagine your own. Now we're talking. BOOM, there's your way to funnel people to MUT all the while satiation their game needs. I can see guys now with different builds of players. Oh, that could also work for that 3 on 3 mode. You and two buddies with your superstar players playing for your favorite NFL team. There just so many ways to be creative and I think the game would see the sales increase and be more profitable.
Junior Moe is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #106
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-...me-uproar.html

$3.1 Billion...

A number that even EA can listen to.

With the politics and money involved in this, every EA game will feel the ripple effect of this.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #107
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,736
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Stock is still up 39% for the year, stockholders aren't doing too bad.

Really, all they need to do is dial it back a bit and I am sure they will do that.

Disney and EA were too greedy with Battlefront.

"I don't think they will ever completely remove their loot box systems instead the best course of action would be to keep it to cosmetic and bonus pieces for only the games where it makes sense instead of this recently insulting shotgun cash grab approach of stuffing ALL their major titles with it. The market will only handle so much."
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #108
MVP
 
howboutdat's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,912
Blog Entries: 1
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Stock is still up 39% for the year, stockholders aren't doing too bad.

Really, all they need to do is dial it back a bit and I am sure they will do that.

Disney and EA were too greedy with Battlefront.

"I don't think they will ever completely remove their loot box systems … instead the best course of action would be to keep it to cosmetic and bonus pieces for only the games where it makes sense instead of this recently insulting shotgun cash grab approach of stuffing ALL their major titles with it. The market will only handle so much."

Sure for the year they may be up, but as we all know , they do not like a loss, especially in the millions, when they cant be happy unless their profits are higher in the millions over last years.Seeing such a direct and quick downturn, when you just released a very highly anticipated game, that had just huge potential in sales, just to bring you in millions , is a big blow.No matter how you want to try to shake this out.

With all we have seen out of them , they always want more more more profits than before, this is a big dip in the other direction, let another game come out and have this issue, and they will be sweating it. For those who claim not buying madden at launch " wont do anything" , im not sure how anyone can look at this info and still honestly believe that. EA only understands and cares about 1 thing , $$$$ . Seeing a big dip in loses of that, is the ONLY thing that will bring about change . Anything else, is not going to change a thing, business as usual.
__________________
Yup, i said it !



Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 11-29-2017 at 08:55 AM.
howboutdat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #109
MVP
 
Toupal's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
For those who claim not buying madden at launch " wont do anything" , im not sure how anyone can look at this info and still honestly believe that.
This.

It helps that Star Wars has a way bigger fanbase worldwide than the NFL, and that Disney cares enough about Star Wars public image to intervene with their game and EA.

The NFL on the other hand is not as invested, because regardless they are going to make the same amount from EA each year regardless of sales. The only way to get the NFL involved is to make the argument that Madden is ruining their image, or if the word "gambling" gets tied to MUT, that is something the NFL would not want to be tied into.

Regardless, it is evident that change is possible through our words and actions. Whether or not EA is listening, the bigger entities are whether it be government, DIsney, the NFL, or anything other gamers.
Toupal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #110
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,736
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Sure for the year they may be up, but as we all know , they do not like a loss, especially in the millions, when they cant be happy unless their profits are higher in the millions over last years.Seeing such a direct and quick downturn, when you just released a very highly anticipated game, that had just huge potential in sales, just to bring you in millions , is a big blow.No matter how you want to try to shake this out.

With all we have seen out of them , they always want more more more profits than before, this is a big dip in the other direction, let another game come out and have this issue, and they will be sweating it. For those who claim not buying madden at launch " wont do anything" , im not sure how anyone can look at this info and still honestly believe that. EA only understands and cares about 1 thing , $$$$ . Seeing a big dip in loses of that, is the ONLY thing that will bring about change . Anything else, is not going to change a thing, business as usual.
I agree with mostly everything here, no doubt.

39% increase on your return investment is still very good, that can't be denied.

I am sure EA will make corrections because of the firestorm that occurred over Battlefront. They don't need more negative media after this fiasco. Basically, it's once bitten, twice shy.

Investors must make their own decision, do they stay with the same company that provided the 39% return on money this year in an upswing economy or do I bail and run for the hills after one mistake.

If most investors see a 39% increase in investments, they normally will "ride the storm out."

Disney looks ok with this because they came out looking good in the media, but let's not pretend Disney isn't greedy, either. If they were concerned about loot boxes, why didn't they care enough to warn EA early enough to eliminate the firestorm that ensued.

All EA needs to do and so do other gaming companies across the board is to make some minor adjustments and corrections.

Shame on EA and Disney for letting it get this far.

Last edited by roadman; 11-29-2017 at 10:55 AM.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #111
MVP
 
howboutdat's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,912
Blog Entries: 1
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with mostly everything here, no doubt.

39% increase on your return investment is still very good, that can't be denied.

I am sure EA will make corrections because of the firestorm that occurred over Battlefront. They don't need more negative media after this fiasco. Basically, it's once bitten, twice shy.

Investors must make their own decision, do they stay with the same company that provided the 39% return on money this year in an upswing economy or do I bail and run for the hills after one mistake.

If most investors see a 39% increase in investments, they normally will "ride the storm out."

Disney looks ok with this because they came out looking good in the media, but let's not pretend Disney isn't greedy, either. If they were concerned about loot boxes, why didn't they care enough to warn EA early enough to eliminate the firestorm that ensued.

All EA needs to do and so do other gaming companies across the board is to make some minor adjustments and corrections.

Shame on EA and Disney for letting it get this far.

I agree with this except for the "need to just make minor changes" . I believe , since this awareness has come up to gamers on a larger level due to the SW debacle, people are going to be more pro- active going forward to shun any company trying to install pay to win systems. Loot box or otherwise. Its not just a minor adjustment needed imo.

EA says they are " listening" to the community and want to provide what they want. However , they made it very clear, stop having loot boxes that are anything but cosmetics. It took EA over a week to come up with their "excuse" of why they cant do that and now its all about "we cant do things that dont go along with cannon" , meanwhile numerous people have pointed out numerous things that already break cannon in the game. Its just an excuse EA hoped would be accepted as why they will not just put cosmetics in loot boxes. I hope people continue to boycott the game until loot boxes are just cosmetics. Im not buying it until they show their "card" and remove star cards and weapons , boosts from them. But ultimately its up to the gamers. If people keep holding out, they will have to change it.
__________________
Yup, i said it !



Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
howboutdat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #112
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

EA is out control tbh
BigDongLarry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Top -