Home

EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

This is a discussion on EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #113
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I agree with this except for the "need to just make minor changes" . I believe , since this awareness has come up to gamers on a larger level due to the SW debacle, people are going to be more pro- active going forward to shun any company trying to install pay to win systems. Loot box or otherwise. Its not just a minor adjustment needed imo.

EA says they are " listening" to the community and want to provide what they want. However , they made it very clear, stop having loot boxes that are anything but cosmetics. It took EA over a week to come up with their "excuse" of why they cant do that and now its all about "we cant do things that dont go along with cannon" , meanwhile numerous people have pointed out numerous things that already break cannon in the game. Its just an excuse EA hoped would be accepted as why they will not just put cosmetics in loot boxes. I hope people continue to boycott the game until loot boxes are just cosmetics. Im not buying it until they show their "card" and remove star cards and weapons , boosts from them. But ultimately its up to the gamers. If people keep holding out, they will have to change it.

Curious if hearing the cfo interview changes your opinion: https://cc.talkpoint.com/cred001/112...tity=6_W2P2W25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #114
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Curious if hearing the cfo interview changes your opinion: https://cc.talkpoint.com/cred001/112...tity=6_W2P2W25

You need to sign up to listen, just an FYI.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #115
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

My opinion is the same. The gamers have the power , IF they just stand up in mass.

both sides just pointing finger at each other basically, Disney made out like it was EA fault, Here EA basically pointing finger at Lucasfilms and Disney , when the truth is , they all at fault here, and they were all being greedy in this situation.

This was like a political talk. He is talking with investors who want to know how they plan to fix this mess....I dont expect to hear, yeah we got caught red handed . It was more a , let me try to smooth this over.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #116
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
My opinion is the same. The gamers have the power , IF they just stand up in mass.

both sides just pointing finger at each other basically, Disney made out like it was EA fault, Here EA basically pointing finger at Lucasfilms and Disney , when the truth is , they all at fault here, and they were all being greedy in this situation.

This was like a political talk. He is talking with investors who want to know how they plan to fix this mess....I dont expect to hear, yeah we got caught red handed . It was more a , let me try to smooth this over.

Yes. Gamers were shrugged off. Better yet quote literally mocked. “Ugh Vader will take 80 hours” (wah)

Digital downloads are so profitable vs hard discs it may offset fewer copies sold. The commitment to MTX and live updates is unwavering. This guffaw was a learning experience that will be fine tuned over time. Offline players are outright ignored because of the manner they “track” gameplay.

I say all of this to request we consider how we would like our live updates (read: lube)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #117
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yes. Gamers were shrugged off. Better yet quote literally mocked. “Ugh Vader will take 80 hours” (wah)

Digital downloads are so profitable vs hard discs it may offset fewer copies sold. The commitment to MTX and live updates is unwavering. This guffaw was a learning experience that will be fine tuned over time. Offline players are outright ignored because of the manner they “track” gameplay.

I say all of this to request we consider how we would like our live updates (read: lube)

yup.Got to make it sound like it wasnt that bad to investors, just people " over reacting" . Not at all a surprise to hear. But the constant " we have our ears to the gamers and what they want " ..... just makes me kinda sick to hear really. For lots of obvious reasons. It will be interesting to see what they finally do when they re introduce micros to it again. The whole situation is interesting, but i do not expect gaming companies to just all the sudden switch it up fully, they gonna play it close to the vest and not change a thing until forced to. 1 hick up in 1 game is one thing. But if it starts a revolt in numerous other newer games coming out soon .... plus madden next year.... then , we may have something on our hands, but its up to consumers to really make their statements with their wallets.

This is goes down as a starting point to bring about change to make games more consumer friendly, or the gaming community fails to jump on this opportunity and its swept under the rug a year from now.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #118
Rookie

I think this has raised a LOT more attention than EA thought it would....the negative reactions aren't going away as everyone thought they would.
More and more people are looking into the "gambling" that loot boxes are providing, and just the overall ethics of pay to win loot boxes.
EA can say what they want, and try to downplay the **** storm of negativity this all created, but this is far from over. They've put themselves under a microscope with their greed and unethical practices, and their investors have noticed.
Stocks have dropped, and several reports have said this is costing them through a substantial drop in sales as well as future sales.
Personally, I'm glad to see that...they needed to be checked, as they were out of control.
It's pretty clear to me their continued plan of action was to continue putting out mediocre games, with little if any innovation, using skeleton crews, and using loot boxes (which cost them next to nothing to develop). Just sit back and watch the idiotic gamers throw their cash into the coffers.
Sickening.
Now, I understand that their entire reason for existing is to make money...anybody with a 4th grade education knows that. But there is a limit, and a huge difference between making a profit and fleecing the public.
Anyway....they took it too far, and they've been called out on it. All eyes are on them, and this calls into question their entire lineup of games...they had best be very very careful what they do and say now. This is more serious than they're letting on.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #119
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A business that makes a huge mistake admits their mistake, corrects the mistakes and moves on.

I am sure there is some loud meetings going on inside the doors of EA and how they go about things moving forward.

It will be interesting to note if any of this affects Madden and MUT moving forward. Based on the public comments from the CFO, apparently not.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A business that makes a huge mistake admits their mistake, corrects the mistakes and moves on.

I am sure there is some loud meetings going on inside the doors of EA and how they go about things moving forward.

It will be interesting to note if any of this affects Madden and MUT moving forward. Based on the public comments from the CFO, apparently not.
Which is sad, but typical EA. I for one have two children, 10 and 7 and won’t let them near games that create this type of “game psychology” that targets children into buying “power ups”, super cards, or loot boxes. What a travesty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »