Home

EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

This is a discussion on EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #137
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Monetary Strategy Under Fire- Time for Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
Well let’s hope that Ea changes it’s mind with its new franchise release of EAUFC 3 in which there changing the direction of its Ultimate team mode.
Last year they were packs/loot boxes you would buy that will give you randomize mostly duplicates in search of that golden card which never sufficed.
It seems this year they came back with a vengeance because now a lot of the cards have an expiration date you can only use them so many times before you are probably buying another pack of random buys cards it’s basically a jack pot box you pay but you don’t always win or get what you’re looking for there for add another five dollars and hope you get no whammy’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
WHAT?!
This is getting insane.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #138
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
WHAT?!
This is getting insane.
It's also standard in every Ultimate Team mode except for The Show. Not saying it makes it right, but that's the situation as it is right now. Other games even have cards that give attribute boosts to players. Naturally, these expire too.

This isn't just a MUT thing, and we should focus on all of them if we want to show displeasure with the current landscape.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hearing and reading about the fallout from Battlefront II, I think where EA Sports have messed up with regards to MUT in particular (and I think might actually be the proverbial smoking gun), is that there are certain packs/bundles that you can buy only with Madden Points.

This is where I believe the problem will lie, not with regards to the Battlefront issues for how long it will take to unlock Vader, but in order to get a chance at certain players, the only option is for you to pay an extra $50-100. The two underlined parts will be key.

Even in game currency in MUT is limited compared to modes like Diamond Dynasty. Yes in that mode Missions/Programs like MUT's Challenges are the key coin sources, I can still sit down and play against the CPU to earn both currencies used in the game (I've not seen/found an equivalent in Madden or FIFA - which would have much wider scope for that). Yes I can buy currency for that game, but it's not the only way to get that currency. The equivalent to what EA have done would be if you could only get Tickets by paying SDS for them.

I think things might not change from a legislative standpoint from the US, but it might here in the EU. And if it does, it'll not be Madden and MUT that faces the issue first, but FIFA and FUT. That could be the straw that breaks the camels back - especially as the focus has briefly shone on that here in the UK with some gambling implications of youtubers involving FUT.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #140
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Was just gonna post this, Disney is the reason for the change. EA of course acted like it was the fan backlash that did it, it wasn’t. Don’t look for anything to change MUT wise
I'll tell you this much: the post that got the record for downvotes was deleted by a moderator on Reddit who has a twitter history of promoting EA. What a surprise...
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I'll tell you this much: the post that got the record for downvotes was deleted by a moderator on Reddit who has a twitter history of promoting EA. What a surprise...
One continuing theme with EA that I am actually starting to find quite comical is the consistent lack of accountability. They have an excuse for everything. Nothing is ever their fault; Everyone is happy. They have indirectly planted what feels like their own personal propagators within communities that will defend their excuses as well and it's one of the most fascinating things I've seen in the last 10 years within gaming communities.

I haven't supported the company for years, so I've made my peace with it and that's all I can do at the end of the day. I just find myself in stitches at how EA will reach for sympathy from the community when they are asked to be accountable for their product, how effectively they get underlings indirectly associated with them to defend their product for them for no apparent reason other than a free copy/ behind the scenes opportunities, and how all of this takes place because they are the sole entity within the niche that can actually produce a football game.

People don't whine about "The Show" like people do with Madden. People might get annoyed with 2K, but there are options out there with Basketball. Instead of being accountable (pretty important thing in football folks) for never putting out a product that matches the depth these other games do, EA will have an excuse at the ready and a small army of forum moderators to take on that fight for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #142
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Uh, that post isn't deleted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »