Home

A valuable lesson for EA?

This is a discussion on A valuable lesson for EA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
A valuable lesson for EA?

The following link is about the pay to win ideology EA has been taking to most of their games over recent years. While the video mostly refers to Star Wars Battlefront II, it also parallels it to the future financial implications to EA as a whole. I found this curious and I was curious to know your guysíll thoughts on the video and how it could affect Maddenís future.

Iím not super tech savvy, so below I left the link for you.

https://youtu.be/5-YuEcd73DQ

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Wisconsin Badgers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A valuable lesson for EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
The following link is about the pay to win ideology EA has been taking to most of their games over recent years. While the video mostly refers to Star Wars Battlefront II, it also parallels it to the future financial implications to EA as a whole. I found this curious and I was curious to know your guysíll thoughts on the video and how it could affect Maddenís future.

Iím not super tech savvy, so below I left the link for you.

https://youtu.be/5-YuEcd73DQ

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This has been debated in the following thread.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-change-6.html

With that being said, I would have no problem with the loot boxes/ MUT packs if EA valued gameplay points more. The way Battlefront upgrade system designed relies heavily on Loot Crates. Loot Crates can be purchased through XP (Points you earn playing) or Gems (The points you have to buy from the store.)

I don't recall the exact numbers off the top of my head, but if you were to unlock everything in Battlefront II, it would take 4,500 hours of gameplay, or $2,100 in gems.

I can't speak to MUT on how much that would cost or how many hours it takes to get a team that has a majority of 99 overall players, but I imagine it is not easy.

For a game that prides itself in catering to kids, I don't know too many kids who can fork over $1,000 or 2,250 hours to unlock just half the game.

What they are doing can be argued as gambling, but any way you want to slice it, it is unethical.

I hope EA wakes up and realize their consumers are angry, however I do not see that happening with Madden because the only reason EA made the change to Battlefront is because Disney forced their hand.

The NFL is just as, if not more greedy than EA. So I see them putting up just as much of a fight as EA for this monetary system.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: A valuable lesson for EA?

Thanks for the link Toupal. Let's leave the discussion in one thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »