Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #105
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Played a few games and QBs started sliding again. Had to bump the Fumbles slide up, though. Good to see Tannehill scramble and turn a busted play into a decent one.

I will say, though, the statue QBs arenít totally eliminated from the game. Iíll get them once, maybe twice a quarter, which is a huge difference between 1-2 a drive. Overall, the patch is pretty good, but it feels like they left something out. Canít quite put my finger on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #106
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, I thought I heard him say Joe Greene in the video a few times.

The football through the helmet wasn't a good sight.
he was using his mut team...

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 AM   #107

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Enough, keep this thread about the patch final warning.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #108
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Moving on...

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 11-21-2017 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Moving on...
Old 11-21-2017, 02:08 AM   #109
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It's hard for me to fathom that anyone could play even one quarter and not see that the CPU QB A.I. has been improved exponentially. There are still some weaknesses, e.g., the QB when trying to scramble up the middle will occasionally crash into the HB or an olineman and on some outside scrambles will still try and throw across the field instead of scrambling for a short gain.

On All-Pro Sim, in the one game that I played I saw zero "statue" plays where the QB just stood there and took a sack. There were several scrambles for modest gains with the QB sliding down each time. There were scrambles outside the pocket with ropes thrown to to receivers on the sideline. There were throwaways while being chased and pressured. There were passes to sideline, down the seam, and check downs that came after the QB stepped up in the pocket. The CPU's ability to climb the pocket and make throws may be the best improvement.

This was an 82 OVR QB playing better than any QB has played against me in a long time. I have an 85 Bears like defense, so I got some sacks and some picks, but the QB made some plays and was competent.

What is interesting is that the Throw on the Run rating will be much more important now for the CPU, because they will make a lot more throws while on the move. This QB probably had 5 or 6 bad throws that were a direct result of his TOR rating not being that great. He missed another 2 or 3 throws that were just off-target. The movement stuff is clearly improved for the QB, but I feel like their they've improved their decision making also in terms of who they target in the passing game. More games will give me a better read on this.

Some other stuff has been tuned up as well. The game is of course still Madden, so if you don't like the core gameplay it's not going to be better for you, but this is finally a good get for the User-CPU crowd, IMO. I'm not going to do it because I need to go to sleep, but I really want to play another game right now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 AM   #110
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's hard for me to fathom that anyone could play even one quarter and not see that the CPU QB A.I. has been improved exponentially. There are still some weaknesses, e.g., the QB when trying to scramble up the middle will occasionally crash into the HB or an olineman and on some outside scrambles will still try and throw across the field instead of scrambling for a short gain.

On All-Pro Sim, in the one game that I played I saw zero "statue" plays where the QB just stood there and took a sack. There were several scrambles for modest gains with the QB sliding down each time. There were scrambles outside the pocket with ropes thrown to to receivers on the sideline. There were throwaways while being chased and pressured. There were passes to sideline, down the seam, and check downs that came after the QB stepped up in the pocket. The CPU's ability to climb the pocket and make throws may be the best improvement.

This was an 82 OVR QB playing better than any QB has played against me in a long time. I have an 85 Bears like defense, so I got some sacks and some picks, but the QB made some plays and was competent.

What is interesting is that the Throw on the Run rating will be much more important now for the CPU, because they will make a lot more throws while on the move. This QB probably had 5 or 6 bad throws that were a direct result of his TOR rating not being that great. He missed another 2 or 3 throws that were just off-target. The movement stuff is clearly improved for the QB, but I feel like their they've improved their decision making also in terms of who they target in the passing game. More games will give me a better read on this.

Some other stuff has been tuned up as well. The game is of course still Madden, so if you don't like the core gameplay it's not going to be better for you, but this is finally a good get for the User-CPU crowd, IMO. I'm not going to do it because I need to go to sleep, but I really want to play another game right now.
I'll second everything here....it's a huge improvement...honestly, I didn't expect that EA would pull it off this well.

Yeah, there are some oddities with scrambling logic at times, but I also suspect ratings/traits (like BCV) play some role in them.

I'm really pleased with how this turned-out....the rest of my gaming collection is going to be gathering dust for quite a while.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:25 AM   #111
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'll second everything here....it's a huge improvement...honestly, I didn't expect that EA would pull it off this well.

Yeah, there are some oddities with scrambling logic at times, but I also suspect ratings/traits (like BCV) play some role in them.

I'm really pleased with how this turned-out....the rest of my gaming collection is going to be gathering dust for quite a while.

I'm glad that you reminded me about the BCV rating, upping that for the appropriate QBs should improve things even more.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 02:28 AM   #112
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm glad that you reminded me about the BCV rating, upping that for the appropriate QBs should improve things even more.
From what I've seen, it definitely should. I've seen instances where higher BCV QBs navigate the middle much better than lower-rated guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »