Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #129
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Im glad to hear good things about the new patch, but its embarrassing that it takes several patches every year before gameplay can be acceptable....especially when certain things will be broken on the retail release that were supposedly fixed via patch for the previous version. How are these fixes not automatically integrated into the next Madden as soon as they patch it?

And before anyone comes at me for knocking on patches, Im not knocking patches in general. For big NEW features, they are necessary.....but there are certain things that are broke at the retail release, patched, and then are broken again in the next years retail version for some reason. Thats pretty unacceptable IMO.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #130
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Im glad to hear good things about the new patch, but its embarrassing that it takes several patches every year before gameplay can be acceptable....especially when certain things will be broken on the retail release that were supposedly fixed via patch for the previous version. How are these fixes not automatically integrated into the next Madden as soon as they patch it?

And before anyone comes at me for knocking on patches, Im not knocking patches in general. For big NEW features, they are necessary.....but there are certain things that are broke at the retail release, patched, and then are broken again in the next years retail version for some reason. Thats pretty unacceptable IMO.
I agree 100%. This is also why I'm fine with certain sports titles skipping a year in between. If we have to already wait 3 months for the game to play the way it should have at release then what's the point.
As far as Madden is concerned to follow up my previous post I'm in the middle of game #2 and still seeing great things. The QB'S actually run out the way of pressure which is amazing to see. They will actually move up into it and away as the pocket collapses. I still have not seen any in game injury. I'm again using the Browns and I'm in LA against the Rams. I'm down 13-10 at the half but struggled to do much the first half till Crowell managed a 73 yard TD run with 1:33 before halftime
Old 11-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #131
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

All-Pro Simulation using my slider set up and house rules.

I am very very pleased with this patch and it is a great surprise. Madden 18 is now officially the best madden game they have made ever. CPU QB AI has been greatly improved.

It is still wonky here and there, but no where near the brain dead conundrum we had with Madden 18 (and Madden 17 to a lesser degree). QB's have pocket awareness now and ratings are mattering even more with BCV, Carry ratings with fumbles and the QB Accuracy (I have both CPU and HUM set to 40) is on point.

QB's now move their feet, move side to side or step up in the pocket, and also scramble and slide. It's beautiful.

As far as penalties I had 4 on the CPU (facemask, holding and two DPI)
I had 3 thrown against me (Illegal block in the back, holding, DPI)

We are back into our CFM and 1987 season replay full force after I shelved the game for going on 2 months.

Statue QB does happen once or twice a game.....but not every drive like pre patch which for me destroyed this game and had me playing Madden 16 again (which BTW is still a great great game with the classic rosters).

Madden is back. Thank you for addressing this issue Tiburon!!!!
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-21-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #132
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
All-Pro Simulation using my slider set up and house rules.

I am very very pleased with this patch and it is a great surprise. Madden 18 is now officially the best madden game they have made ever. CPU QB AI has been greatly improved.

It is still wonky here and there, but no where near the brain dead conundrum we had with Madden 18 (and Madden 17 to a lesser degree). QB's have pocket awareness now and ratings are mattering even more with BCV, Carry ratings with fumbles and the QB Accuracy (I have both CPU and HUM set to 40) is on point.

QB's now move their feet, move side to side or step up in the pocket, and also scramble and slide. It's beautiful.

As far as penalties I had 4 on the CPU (facemask, holding and two DPI)
I had 3 thrown against me (Illegal block in the back, holding, DPI)

We are back into our CFM and 1987 season replay full force after I shelved the game for going on 2 months.

Statue QB does happen once or twice a game.....but not every drive like pre patch which for me destroyed this game and had me playing Madden 16 again (which BTW is still a great great game with the classic rosters).

Madden is back. Thank you for addressing this issue Tiburon!!!!
I had been waiting to hear your analysis of the update. After reading your post I'm excited and I think im gonna give the game a shot again, thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #133
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

No one will come after you because that opinion has been expressed here before and it's a opinion to consider greatly.

The difference is pre internet days, you got what you paid for you 50 bucks, warts and all. We live in an era where something is wrong with a game, there is instant notifications(you tube, Twitter) and a title update will begin. There isn't a sports game I own that doesn't require patches to fix issues.

Not an EA only thing.

I'll be testing this patch out in a few hours.

Edit-ProStylz, the difference for Madden is the yearly license with the shield.

Last edited by roadman; 11-21-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #134
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I had been waiting to hear your analysis of the update. After reading your post I'm excited and I think im gonna give the game a shot again, thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Just bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #135
__

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Just bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This patch and the sale price have me tempted to do the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #136
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

The first game I played post-update was against Carolina in season 2 of my Saints franchise, and there was very noticeable difference in the way Cam Newton reacted in the pocked. It was my 2nd game against them in the season and right away it became clear that he was much more willing to take off and run than he was in the first matchup. I didn't have a chance to play a 2nd game yet but from a one game sample I like what they did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »