Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

In talking to Clint it sounds like the "break on ball" change for All Madden was simply tuning it to the same as All Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #146
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Just played my first game after the patch and it feels like a totally different game. Played against the Bills and Taylor took off 8 times for 88 yards.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #147
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, i agree, EA didn't disappoint. This patch could potentially bring Madden up to the next level.

Anyone else find the game playing a bit faster? normal speed seems to be sped up a notch, but on a very limited sample size.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #148
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

The next game I played post patch was as Jacksonville against NE. I sacked Brady 7 times. Obviously he's not as mobile and none of them were statue sacks. I would just hope that Brady would adjust.

Went to the next game as the Bears playing San Francisco. First play of the game Beatherd takes off for 8 yards.

This game will always need AI improvements. I still think the play calling is huge problem and one that can be fixed in less than a day...if they want to. There still way too many play action passes in obvious passing situations which will obviously lead to more sacks. There are also way too many blitzes. C'mon Madden team. I know you're taking baby steps, but you're getting there...
Old 11-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #149
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
I agree 100%. This is also why I'm fine with certain sports titles skipping a year in between. If we have to already wait 3 months for the game to play the way it should have at release then what's the point.
As far as Madden is concerned to follow up my previous post I'm in the middle of game #2 and still seeing great things. The QB'S actually run out the way of pressure which is amazing to see. They will actually move up into it and away as the pocket collapses. I still have not seen any in game injury. I'm again using the Browns and I'm in LA against the Rams. I'm down 13-10 at the half but struggled to do much the first half till Crowell managed a 73 yard TD run with 1:33 before halftime
Da_Czar talked about this in the sim hangout last Friday from a 2K Developer perspective. He said like many jobs, people get moved around so the dev that worked on a certain part of the game last year might be working on a different part the next year, when that happens the new person has 2 options, continue to build on the last person's code (which may be a mess already and hard to work with) or rebuild the code from the ground up. Makes sense to me and even though I AGREE WITH YOU about patches being integrated into the next version, I think Madden may be doing the same thing Da_Czar spoke on.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 11-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #150
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Are you saying nothing showed up in the injury report? Because seeing the "Injury timeout" banner without an actual injury scene means the injury was off-ball - not involving the ball carrier. It's been like this all year and was a design decision for '18.

If you didn't get a pop up a few plays later or nothing got listed in the pause screen injury report, then there'd be a problem. I had several minor injuries in my first game (playing at the CFM default of 40) and all of them showed me a pop up and were listed in the the report after a few plays.

No injuries popped up in the report. The only injuries I saw were on defense, but I only play offense.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #151
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Im glad to hear good things about the new patch, but its embarrassing that it takes several patches every year before gameplay can be acceptable....especially when certain things will be broken on the retail release that were supposedly fixed via patch for the previous version. How are these fixes not automatically integrated into the next Madden as soon as they patch it?

And before anyone comes at me for knocking on patches, Im not knocking patches in general. For big NEW features, they are necessary.....but there are certain things that are broke at the retail release, patched, and then are broken again in the next years retail version for some reason. Thats pretty unacceptable IMO.
Da_Czar talked about this in the sim hangout last Friday from a 2K Developer perspective. He said like many jobs, people get moved around so the dev that worked on a certain part of the game last year might be working on a different part the next year, when that happens the new person has 2 options, continue to build on the last person's code (which may be a mess already and hard to work with) or rebuild the code from the ground up. Makes sense to me and even though I AGREE WITH YOU about patches being integrated into the next version, I think Madden may be doing the same thing Da_Czar spoke on.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #152
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

https://youtu.be/cm_hJPbbF3c

Not sure if this is how to embed YouTube videos.. But here you see QB scrambling on all Madden sim, post patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »