Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #161
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
competitive mode is the way to go with sliders for gameplay
I agree, but the things that I can't get past on competitive are:

No dropped passes
No injuries
Fatigue is removed from the game (almost entirely).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #162
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I agree, but the things that I can't get past on competitive are:

No dropped passes
No injuries
Fatigue is removed from the game (almost entirely).
I actually saw more dropped passes causes by hits on competitive than on sim but after 2 quarters with this patch I already see a noticeable improvement on all-madden sim.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 11-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #163
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Went up to 80 Offside and I've had 3 neutral zone infractions against my team through 1 quarter and 2 minutes of the 2nd...lol. Time to go back down, perhaps.

I'd encourage people to mess around with the penalty sliders to get the numbers they want because I'm not seeing it really have any adverse effect on the gameplay so far.

The only ones I'm planning on leaving at 50 right now are false start (because it needs to be capped otherwise it will happen a lot) and roughing the passer (because it's that thing where the QB falls over if he gets breathed on). All the others are fair game.

The only two calls I've not seen since the patch are OPI and Defensive holding, and as we know D holding is basically nonfunctional and I've had one OPI in the entire M18 cycle.

I know everyone has their opinions on whether or not they affect the gameplay, but please...just try it. Having the AI offense not self-destruct due to excessive sacks changes the gameplay by itself in so many ways that at times it plays like a completely different game.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #164
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Now this is what I've been waiting to see, a patch that improves the CPU qb! Now I can find the game cheap or less than half retail price.
Merry CHRISTMAS TO ME! Thanks Tiburon Team!

I'll be buying this tomorrow, going to roll with All-Pro/Sim
Did this patch improve Sim Mode?
Old 11-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #165
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Put me in the camp that noticed a huge difference right off the bat. Normally I kill it with Sheldon Richardson but in 2 games the damn QB has moved all over the place. Big improvement imo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #166
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

can someone please comment on man coverage on streaks? zone coverage?? and if you can run slants all the way down the field??

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-21-2017, 07:12 PM   #167
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Personally, not seeing any QB improvement in All-Pro, default sliders.

Won 70-3 in 5 min quarters. They literally wouldn't block the man blitz and the Qb just stood there. I had 15 team sacks and they had 0 total yards.... Not sure how that is called fixing QB play.
Most likely called you picking cheese plays on both offense and defense to take advantage of the computer.

No NFL team runs a man blitz on every single play, which is likely what you did since it was working. Just like you likely ran slants, and other broken madden plays that are guaranteed to work almost every time.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #168
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm using All Pro / Simulation versus CPU with slightly adjusted settings and penalty sliders...

Up to (and including) patch 1.04 the game was playing very nicely for me...not perfect, but better than it has in some time...

Then?

1.05 (nerfed CIT defense) and 1.06 (jacked QBA) destroyed that for me, when my game accidentally crashed and forced me to sign in to DL those two patches...that were obviously intended for the competitive crowd...

However:

1.07 not only restored functionality to my 1.04 set, it mos def took things up a couple (big) notches (IMHO)...

Played 2018 Bills with my CHI CFM and Tyrod ran 8 times for 74 yards / scrambled his way to a couple TD throws off broken plays inside my 5, and well...just played like IRL Tyrod...

Offline throws for both sides / better pass defense / HUGE boost to QB AI (without making it look cheesy or jack up completion percentages) were ALL in evidence...

Sure a lot of the usual legacy issues are still sore spots (penalty frequency / fatigue system / off field logic / etc.)...

BUT, the core gameplay is as good as I've seen...

And anybody who knows me, knows I've played and tuned this thing like a part time (plus) job for the past 15 years...

I just hope I can stay signed out and don't have the game crash and force me into a future update...

This "One Game, One Community" thing sounds nice...but those separate patches for separate modes that was touted early on, would be MOST welcome...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »