Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:29 PM   #193
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Please, no. Don't even mention it. It's not like Tom Brady is going to run for 200 yards on you... You played against 1 of like 3 QB'S that can run as good as they throw.

I'd rather have the scrambling stay EXACTLY how it is now, and let us adjust our gamelan just how it has to adjust in real life for dual threat QB's.

Lol. Oh, I️ agree. I️ was mostly being sarcastic. I️ just said that cause whenever they make things work correctly/realistically, the comp crowd complains and ea nerfs it. Lol. I️ don’t want this nerfed, either. Watching Wilson actually play like Wilson was awesome. And, legit, I️ was changing my D ALL GAME. Qb spy when I️ thought that was best. Calling qb contain from preplay controls. Worrying about blitzing and having him run right through it. Changing the coaching assignments based on whether I️ was up or down or close in the game. It felt like a real game. So, yeah, I️ don’t want it nerfed, either, and am curious to play some more and see what average QBs look like. Hopefully, they scramble a few times per game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #194
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

This should help lower sacks as well. The first 2 seasons in my CFM, I️ broke single season sack record 3-4 times with 3-4 players. Lol. Beasley had 37 sacks, I️ believe. I️ think I️ had 3-4 players with 20 sack seasons. If the QBs scramble a little more, that should take away a few sacks.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #195
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

This...patch...is...AMAZING!! Point blank period! Im out, having too good of a time playing right now! By the way, Tom Brady hasn't scrambled 1 time against me but the way he is stepping up in the pocket to avoid pressure AND throwing the ball away when necessary...JUST BEAUTIFUL TO WATCH!! Im shocked EA!!!

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 12:13 AM   #196
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Oh, I️ agree. I️ was mostly being sarcastic. I️ just said that cause whenever they make things work correctly/realistically, the comp crowd complains and ea nerfs it. Lol. I️ don’t want this nerfed, either. Watching Wilson actually play like Wilson was awesome. And, legit, I️ was changing my D ALL GAME. Qb spy when I️ thought that was best. Calling qb contain from preplay controls. Worrying about blitzing and having him run right through it. Changing the coaching assignments based on whether I️ was up or down or close in the game. It felt like a real game. So, yeah, I️ don’t want it nerfed, either, and am curious to play some more and see what average QBs look like. Hopefully, they scramble a few times per game as well.

Fortunately for us this is something the competitive crowd can't really complain about and ruin it for us since you would only see it when playing vs the cpu
Old 11-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #197
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I just saw Ryan Tannehill scramble out of the pocket, throw across his body into double coverage, and watched Stephon Gillmore ruin our playoff chances with a game ending interception.

Once I realized it was only Madden 18, I stopped crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2017, 12:54 AM   #198
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing that I'm seeing is that if you're playing against a Pocket Passer who has Ideal Sense Pressure and Forces Passes on Conservative, he will make really good decisions with his throws and be very accurate as you would expect, but will take more sacks then others settings because he will hold on to the ball and not force things.

I wouldn't use that conservative setting unless the CPU team has a great passing blocking OL, the QBs Awareness is over 90, or you have a playbook assigned to that team that has a lot of check down routes.

Besides the QB stuff, I feel like tackling/breaking tackles is much better now in that forward momentum is respected more, i.e., unless the defender has a straight on clean shot with momentum on a ball carrier, the ball carrier is much more likely to get an extra yard or two instead of just getting automatically smashed to the ground right on contact.

I also feel like defenders in man coverage take better routes to make a play on the ball now when they're in good position.

I also like how wide open drops play out now. There is a fluidity to the animation sequences that doesn't scream "bad dice roll" in the way that drops have in the past.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #199
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Fortunately for us this is something the competitive crowd can't really complain about and ruin it for us since you would only see it when playing vs the cpu
I laughed when I read this, because it is so true.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:13 AM   #200
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

no but calmly, maybe after the superbowl m18 will be decent or at least playable, good job yeah your are great Ea's!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »