Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Love all the improvements, I wish they would fix the QB being too far away from the center, he should be right up close under center. I remember them fixing that last year, surprising it was back that way this year.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #218
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I played a test CFM game with Falcons vs Bears. Gameplay definitely fun again.
All Pro default - 9 min qrts.

Game seemed a bit offensive, I had 30 points by halftime. Bears had 10. I think issue is turnovers seems rampant. I forced 3 fumbles on big hits and 2 INT. Of course larger sample needed, might need to tone down fumbles and INT with sliders if trend continues.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #219
Pro

Devaster's Arena

These all look like excellent changes in CFM. I'm glad they are on top of this. The ball spot issue on turnovers from challenge/booth review was an annoying one. Often a team would be face a long 1st and whatever because of the overturn.

I wish there was some zone coverage fixes, but maybe those just weren't highlighted. Or perhaps some of the other changes will impact those. It is really annoying when defenders get stuck defending the wrong zone, never make it to their own zone, or don't bother defending receivers in their zones.

Glad the sack issue where defenders hurdle a pass blocker was fixed. I was seeing that animation a lot. Led to a lot of incompletions, turnovers, and sacks because of that.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #220
MVP

OVR: 12

Will this carry over to Madden 19 on release day or will we have to biitch and complain for 3 months again next year? Hmmm i wonder, Rex?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #221
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
One thing I did notice re: weather is that the cold weather stuff is out of whack. I played my first December game post-patch in my CFM last night and the commentators were talking about how cold it was but there was no players' visible breath, coaches were in polo shirts and no players had long sleeves.
One of my favorite features that they got rid of a few years back was the Weather Channel feature built in to have accurate weather, temps etc. Why this no longer exists is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #222
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Will this carry over to Madden 19 on release day or will we have to biitch and complain for 3 months again next year? Hmmm i wonder, Rex?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Hopefully it does... but regardless... next year's game will require multiple patches. Possibly for QB AI and new problems that will certainly pop-up. It will be the same as it ever was.

Next year I plan on buying the game used about 2 months after release. Not worth buying Madden new anymore.

Having that said, this patch is AWESOME and I am enjoying the game way more now.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #223
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Try catch at 52. That was the sweet spot on release. Seems to be back to that.
Thanks! 4 games in and it's much more balanced on the amount of drops I was getting when I went to 52. Less predetermined looking drops and more realistic situations and occasional clunker of wide open hands.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #224
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've played six games on default All Pro with 9 minute quarters (great timing on the patch with the long holiday weekend) and I think the CPU's passing attack needs a boost.

vs CLE - 120 yards
@ NE - 364 yards
@ PIT - 235 yards
vs BUF - 65 yards
@ NYG - 153 yards
vs HOU - 198 yards

Four of the six were under 200 yards. I love that Robo QB is nowhere to be found but they need a bit of a boost from what I've seen.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »