Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I feel this is another case of one step forward and one step back. I noticed the QB changes right away, and for sure it's really improved.

Unfortunately it seems they have completely nerfed the pass rush. On AP I used the Seahawks and I was getting upwards of 10 seconds to throw at times with a bad O-line. I tried turning down pass blocking all the way to 5 and it didn't matter. One game I played against the Broncos and Ifedi (who is awful) owned Von Miller. Pre-patch my bad linemen were being consistently beaten by superior D linemen.

What this has done is make o-line irrelevant again. I loved how it was pre-patch, with my bad line I had to look at line match ups to determine where the pressure was coming from, use ID the Mike, use the line slide feature. I had to know where the pressure was going to come from and what I was going to do with the ball. Now I can just sit in the "pocket" (it's not really a pocket since the ends don't get up field much anymore) and wait until someone is wide open. I don't need to use any line features and I know even the blitzes will be picked up. Ruins CFM too, I was scouting o-line to rebuild mine, now it doesn't matter, just draft some garbage ones because the ratings no longer matter.

I bumped up to All-Madden, turned down blocking to 40 and still didn't see much difference. Will have to try further tonight but the problem is I'm terrible at offence in AM to the point it's not much fun. But having a brick wall oline on AP isn't that much fun either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #226
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafnzeus
Thanks! 4 games in and it's much more balanced on the amount of drops I was getting when I went to 52. Less predetermined looking drops and more realistic situations and occasional clunker of wide open hands.
I too think there were too many drops (I play on All-Madden) so I upped User WR Catch to 55. I might even do 60, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I feel this is another case of one step forward and one step back. I noticed the QB changes right away, and for sure it's really improved.

Unfortunately it seems they have completely nerfed the pass rush. On AP I used the Seahawks and I was getting upwards of 10 seconds to throw at times with a bad O-line. I tried turning down pass blocking all the way to 5 and it didn't matter. One game I played against the Broncos and Ifedi (who is awful) owned Von Miller. Pre-patch my bad linemen were being consistently beaten by superior D linemen.

What this has done is make o-line irrelevant again. I loved how it was pre-patch, with my bad line I had to look at line match ups to determine where the pressure was coming from, use ID the Mike, use the line slide feature. I had to know where the pressure was going to come from and what I was going to do with the ball. Now I can just sit in the "pocket" (it's not really a pocket since the ends don't get up field much anymore) and wait until someone is wide open. I don't need to use any line features and I know even the blitzes will be picked up. Ruins CFM too, I was scouting o-line to rebuild mine, now it doesn't matter, just draft some garbage ones because the ratings no longer matter.

I bumped up to All-Madden, turned down blocking to 40 and still didn't see much difference. Will have to try further tonight but the problem is I'm terrible at offense in AM to the point it's not much fun. But having a brick wall oline on AP isn't that much fun either.
I also noticed pass blocking is far better for the User after the patch. I have been playing All-Madden (simulation) and I had to have User Pass Block all the way up to 100, and I still got sacked too much!

Now I am thinking using default 50 for All-Madden User Pass Block (or maybe 55 or 60) because I am not getting sacked nearly as much as I was before the patch and definitely notice I have had more time in the pocket.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #227
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

I bumped up to All-Madden, turned down blocking to 40 and still didn't see much difference. Will have to try further tonight but the problem is I'm terrible at offence in AM to the point it's not much fun. But having a brick wall oline on AP isn't that much fun either.
I am not experiencing this at all. I have played 3 full and 1 partial game game since the new patch. My offensive line play has not changed at all. Now I am using my 1987 roster, so that might be the difference. However, in my last game I took 5 sacks and the pass rush forced me to make some really bad throws.

Have you made any other changes since the patch? Have you tried deleting your profile since the patch. Sometimes that makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't. I did not delete my profile, but I know others have.
I hope things work out for you and the oline plays fixes for you. So far I am really happy with this patch.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #228
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've played six games on default All Pro with 9 minute quarters (great timing on the patch with the long holiday weekend) and I think the CPU's passing attack needs a boost.

vs CLE - 120 yards
@ NE - 364 yards
@ PIT - 235 yards
vs BUF - 65 yards
@ NYG - 153 yards
vs HOU - 198 yards

Four of the six were under 200 yards. I love that Robo QB is nowhere to be found but they need a bit of a boost from what I've seen.
Here's my opposing QB stats over 6 games:

NYG: 17-26 168 yards (Manning)
DEN: 30-39 341 yards (Siemian)
ARZ: 21-36 194 yards (Palmer)
LAR: 13-19 194 yards (Goff)
GB: 32-46 338 yards (Rodgers)
SF: 23-31 275 yards (Hoyer)

15 minute quarters, 17 runoff. Default gameplay All-Pro, experimenting with various penalty settings in each game.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #229
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's my opposing QB stats over 6 games:

NYG: 17-26 168 yards (Manning)
DEN: 30-39 341 yards (Siemian)
ARZ: 21-36 194 yards (Palmer)
LAR: 13-19 194 yards (Goff)
GB: 32-46 338 yards (Rodgers)
SF: 23-31 275 yards (Hoyer)

15 minute quarters, 17 runoff. Default gameplay All-Pro, experimenting with various penalty settings in each game.
Let us (me) know what you may use as final settings. All this talk about better CPU QB play has me thinking about revisiting the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 11-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #230
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Quote:

I have noticed that O-line play has been improved, but I would call it more of a feature than anything else. Before, 1.07, I felt a rarely ever needed ot use a blitz or the Aggressive Pash Rush, even against good O-lines (i.e. Raiders) and if I did, it was an almost guaranteed sack. Pre-patch, on AP at (or near) default, I could make just about any mid-rated RT look like "Chaz Green on on ice" just using a 77-78 OVR DE (such as Charleton or Gregory) on a 4- or even 3-man rush. Now, I have to actually mix in blitzes and the Aggressive Pass Rush adjustment to generate pressure when the OL and DL are more or less evenly matched, which seems about right.

In fact, my first game after the patch, I got smoked through the air and QB scrambles, simply because I was used to sitting back in generic Cover 3 or Cover 1 (to guard against the run), and just depending on QB stupidity and overpowered D-line to shut down the AI passing game. That strategy rightly no longer works (at least with Dallas's mediocre secondary), for which I am grateful.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 11-22-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #231
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm just so impressed with how well the QB movement and scrambling has been done from a situational logic standpoint as well as animation. The transitions from pocket passing setup, to scramble, to a throw on the run happen so smoothly and look so good.

This is the new benchmark for QB movement, and if it ever reverts back we'll point to this patch.
Yes, the current play should be the new floor for Madden QB A.I. I will definitely be all over the team if it ever regresses to being worse than what it is now again. After the holiday break I'm going to send Clint an Tweet imploring him to not let the CPU QB A.I. slip back again during a future patch or for Madden 19.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have noticed that O-line play has been improved, but I would call it more of a feature than anything else. Before, 1.07, I felt a rarely ever needed ot use a blitz or the Aggressive Pash Rush, even against good O-lines (i.e. Raiders) and if I did, it was an almost guaranteed sack. Pre-patch, on AP at (or near) default, I could make just about any mid-rated RT look like "Chaz Green on on ice" just using a 77-78 OVR DE (such as Charleton or Gregory) on a 4- or even 3-man rush. Now, I have to actually mix in blitzes and the Aggressive Pass Rush adjustment to generate pressure when the OL and DL are more or less evenly matched, which seems about right.

In fact, my first game after the patch, I got smoked through the air and QB scrambles, simply because I was used to sitting back in generic Cover 3 or Cover 1 (to guard against the run), and just depending on QB stupidity and overpowered D-line to shut down the AI passing game. That strategy rightly no longer works (at least with Dallas's mediocre secondary), for which I am grateful.
I am fine with the cpu pass blocking being improved, I actually found that slider to be fairly responsive as well so that really isn't my issue. It's MY o-line that is now too good, and the slider doesn't seem to have any effect. For me it takes away a huge part of the game, because I don't have to worry about match ups or re-building my line in cfm....any lousy o lineman can block Von Miller all day now. I shouldn't be able to count to ten while standing in the pocket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »