Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2017, 02:40 AM   #273
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

OK, please don’t shoot the messenger. I like the fact that QB’s will run, but as a CPU vs. CPU or User vs. CPU in PTM franchise. I think it just a little over done. This is just my personal opinion. I have played several games as the Browns and in the last 4 games Kizer is my leading rusher. In a game against the Vikings he scrambled 12 times, scored four TD’s and had 2 runs over 50 yds. I know he is quick, but that’s just a little ridiculous. He’s really not that great of a QB.

This can probably be fixed with Traits or slider adjustments but I see many QB’s making long runs and it seems after ten yds, they won’t slide. Also see quite a few QB fumbles once hit after long runs. I can live with this and as I said it is so much better than the statue QB which I still see on occasion.

I also notice kind of a graphic issue which doesn’t affect game play. It’s when the QB throws the ball sometimes he looks like he is facing one way down the middle of the field, then he throws it to the side line. Looks like his arm is going one direction and the ball goes the other. Not complaining, Just wondering if anyone else notices this.

One thing that does bother me though is it seems the QB’s get rid of the ball much quicker now, that’s a good thing, But it is usually a dump pass to a RB or TE going toward the side lines. He catches the ball with a wide open field and then runs out of bounds with no one near him. This happens way too often and drives me crazy. Far more than it used to. Just too many passes caught and run out of bounds for no reason. I see it quite a bit especially on 3rd down and long. Why even bother to throw the ball for 3 yds.?. Anyway ‘The game is much more playable now. Like so many others, I don’t know why it took so long to patch the QB issue but at least they did.

It’s nice to see so many posts of people enjoying the game now. This is just a thought but maybe in CPU vs. CPU games or PTM. The CPU defense wasn’t programmed to shut down QB runs because at that time, there wasn’t any.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #274
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I just had a game where the CPU team had 26 rushes and I had zero tackles for loss. That has never happen to me in a Madden game ever. I don't know if this is the same scheme that they begin with in the game, but they are running a power scheme now in my CFM and all of their rushes were between the tackles.

Their feature back had 19 carries for 100 yards with a long of 15. That doesn't seem like a big deal, but in Madden for a CPU RB to not dance around in backfield or space out and make a wrong read and get stuffed behind the line is a huge. He was just grinding out mostly 2 to 6 yard runs. I have a very tough defense so for there to be no insta sheds for me against their good, but not great, oline is also very good.

Coupling that with the QB A.I. improvements of course and it's fun to have work much harder to get stops. In a weird way I'll be kind of glad when Aaron Donald has to retire in my CFM. He's so great that the CPU opponents can never really overpower me on offense. At least now, because of a myriad of improvements, he's not just completely destroying everything that they try to do on offense.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:24 AM   #275
All Star

OVR: 0

Ok so 2 games and CPU has been 56% and 65% completion very nice and they really do run the ball when they should with there CPU still a few plays where CPU will do something odd with there QB but for the most part good and way better then in the past. I think I am going to be able to start a franchise now. May have to up pass blocking slightly. Last game both me and CPU had 5 sacks and I think I was getting to the QB a little to often and same thing for them. Before this patch though ever game CPU completion % was crazy high and there QB had like no IQ. Now in 2 games completion % has not been high and they play a lot smarter then before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #276
MVP

"Kizer is my leading rusher. In a game against the Vikings he scrambled 12 times, scored f1our TD’s and had 2 runs over 50 yds"

Have you noticed if qb's running the ball is logical to play calling. For instance was the cpu calling a lot of man defense without a spy or contain. That is what i want to know. I do not play cpu vs cpu but when i play against the cpu i want the qb to run when it makes sense. I have seen a lot of posts about qb's running absurd amounts of time but if somebody is calling cover 2 man without a spy or contain 35 times a game it is realistic that Russell wilson would take off 15 times on you. that would be play calling making the game non sim, not programming.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #277
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
OK, please don’t shoot the messenger. I like the fact that QB’s will run, but as a CPU vs. CPU or User vs. CPU in PTM franchise. I think it just a little over done. This is just my personal opinion. I have played several games as the Browns and in the last 4 games Kizer is my leading rusher. In a game against the Vikings he scrambled 12 times, scored four TD’s and had 2 runs over 50 yds. I know he is quick, but that’s just a little ridiculous. He’s really not that great of a QB.

This can probably be fixed with Traits or slider adjustments but I see many QB’s making long runs and it seems after ten yds, they won’t slide. Also see quite a few QB fumbles once hit after long runs. I can live with this and as I said it is so much better than the statue QB which I still see on occasion.

I also notice kind of a graphic issue which doesn’t affect game play. It’s when the QB throws the ball sometimes he looks like he is facing one way down the middle of the field, then he throws it to the side line. Looks like his arm is going one direction and the ball goes the other. Not complaining, Just wondering if anyone else notices this.

One thing that does bother me though is it seems the QB’s get rid of the ball much quicker now, that’s a good thing, But it is usually a dump pass to a RB or TE going toward the side lines. He catches the ball with a wide open field and then runs out of bounds with no one near him. This happens way too often and drives me crazy. Far more than it used to. Just too many passes caught and run out of bounds for no reason. I see it quite a bit especially on 3rd down and long. Why even bother to throw the ball for 3 yds.?. Anyway ‘The game is much more playable now. Like so many others, I don’t know why it took so long to patch the QB issue but at least they did.

It’s nice to see so many posts of people enjoying the game now. This is just a thought but maybe in CPU vs. CPU games or PTM. The CPU defense wasn’t programmed to shut down QB runs because at that time, there wasn’t any.
Sorry Cleve but I am going to have to shoot you.....
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #278
MVP

OVR: 3

While its not perfect, can we say this appears to be the first patch to improve gameplay (since it's original form) of the year?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #279
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's definitely overdone - or I need to adjust defensively or start controlling LBs when I'm in zone.

I just played the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game in Year 3 of my Jets CFM. Mahomes was injured so Cutler got the start and had six rushes for 51 yards. That being said, I'd much, much, much rather have it the way it is now. The game was unplayable on All Pro before this patch.

The other cool thing I saw in this game is that QB traits appear to matter. I'd had issues getting sacks on 1.07 but Cutler held on to the ball and took some sacks. I had five or six. Probably was averaging 1-2 game after the patch.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #280
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby

Try raising the fumbles slider. With it at 55+ I’m seeing recievers use the sideline correctly.

Last edited by tommycoa; 11-24-2017 at 10:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »