Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2017, 03:23 AM   #297
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I have only played 2 game with this update but I just have to say this patch is like the best patch EA has ever done on madden and I am pleasantly surprised by the results. A big issue with madden for a long time is that its like ever year when a new madden game comes out or a new patch comes out that something else that worked fine before ends up being broken or gets a lot worse by them trying to fix something. With this patch not only is it looking like the patch really did fix things but it looks like it didn't really make any thing worse. There are still some things that madden needs to improve/fix and some of those have been a issue for a while such has bad clock management/ play calling. CPU will only go into no huddle with less then 2 minutes left even if they are down 2 scores with only like 5 minutes left and also when they need to try to score with not a lot of time left they will run the ball to much. Also wind still has to much of a effect on punts. With that said though madden does play a solid game again after this patch. Hopefully EA doesn't let QB play slip backwards again with madden 19.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 11-25-2017 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #298
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just a curious question, the video that was dropped earlier in the thread with the 14 second QB statue, has anyone else been able to replicate that play?
No.

I have seen a couple of "statue" sacks from backup QBs, though have not correlated to a specific play and, they are backups, after all. Even IRL, "statue" sacks happen occasionally. For sure, just a couple of weeks ago I saw "Big Ben" stand in the pocket for 5+ seconds and then take a sack, without having moved more than a couple of feet.

Overall, QB AI is close to ideal during the play itself.

Now, what needs to be added, is the ability for the AI QB to read plays, audible, and adjust in a realistic manner (instead of always snapping immediately 5 secs after lining up).
Old 11-25-2017, 07:00 AM   #299
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
I have played several games after the title update and the game plays like a new one for me. The CPU QB AI is immensely improved and it makes it a harder challenge to play defense.

Just a curious question, the video that was dropped earlier in the thread with the 14 second QB statue, has anyone else been able to replicate that play?

After several games on AP default, I am just not seeing it and keeping a close eye out for it.

No not seen this issue not all since the last patch..and Road I was extremely skeptical of the ability to fix this issue..and like a man should..I will stand here and say..wow they have hit a homerun with this patch..I hope this issue going forward will no longer be an “issue”..I was wrong to believe they wouldn’t be able to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 11-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #300
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This patch did wonders for games against the CPU. Even All Pro is challenging now because of how much better CPU QB AI is. Good QBs are especially hard to stop and they seem to really play as the traits are set.

My online league uses All Pro and I played the CPU Colts last night because my opponent was on AP and Andrew Luck was really good. I almost lost.

Having this fixed has made the game against the CPU a really good experience. It's like it's a new game. It seems to be the best AI QB play I've seen in a video game.

One last thing. QBs play to their skill level. Elite QBs play way better than average ones. So that's a really good thing. I wouldn't want all qbs playing great.

Now if we can get the CPU play calling fixed this could be a really special AI to face.

Great patch guys.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #301
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I have played several games after the title update and the game plays like a new one for me. The CPU QB AI is immensely improved and it makes it a harder challenge to play defense.

After several games on AP default, I am just not seeing it and keeping a close eye out for it.

No. I have not seen that at all. Pre patch or post patch.

People always act like Moody tells it like it is but he is very biased. He showcases other FB games and unrealistically praises them. The vast majority of his fan base hates Madden and I'm convinced he caters to them to keep an audience. With out Madden very few would watch his channel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #302
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

That video is clickbait

Dont take the bait...this game post-patch is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #303
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This patch did wonders for games against the CPU. Even All Pro is challenging now because of how much better CPU QB AI is. Good QBs are especially hard to stop and they seem to really play as the traits are set.

My online league uses All Pro and I played the CPU Colts last night because my opponent was on AP and Andrew Luck was really good. I almost lost.

Having this fixed has made the game against the CPU a really good experience. It's like it's a new game. It seems to be the best AI QB play I've seen in a video game.

One last thing. QBs play to their skill level. Elite QBs play way better than average ones. So that's a really good thing. I wouldn't want all qbs playing great.

Now if we can get the CPU play calling fixed this could be a really special AI to face.

Great patch guys.

Charter have u tried custom Playbooks to help with CPU playcalling?

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 11-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #304
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Charter have u tried custom Playbooks to help with CPU playcalling?

Yeah, even though it's a hassle, you get used to it. That Sabo dudes playbooks are off the hook. Definitely cutting yourself short if you don't at least give then a look.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »