Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #329
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

The excessive pancakes are there on purpose. It's when you are in a running formation and the defense is in a pass d formation and calls pass commit. The CPU calls pass commit too so it happens to them sometimes. The devs should remove that from choices for the CPU because they do it in weird times.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:47 AM   #330
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
The excessive pancakes are there on purpose. It's when you are in a running formation and the defense is in a pass d formation and calls pass commit. The CPU calls pass commit too so it happens to them sometimes. The devs should remove that from choices for the CPU because they do it in weird times.
as much as I appreciate finally getting a little improvement to cpu qbs ai/movement.....the excessive pancaking is wreaking my experience almost as much.....

I have a house rule that I wont gain over 5-7 yards whenever I see it happen....but I don't know how long I'm going to want to put up with it.

As stated.....If EA cant implement added penalties to the "pass commit" tool any better than this...then it should be disabled for the cpu in at least the sim mode.

Watching 5 or more defensive players all get pancaked at the same time, even once, during a game on sim mode is Unacceptable.

For more info/vids of the problem... if you want to shoot the devs a tweet...go here
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ent-patch.html

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 11-26-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm the only one who think that how zone coverage works for the user isn't realistic ?

I feel like the defenders are way too passive. Instead of covering a WR in their zone, they just waiting in the middle of the zone, don't cover a WR coming in and wait until the QB throw the ball. 99% of the time, the WR is wide open and lead to a completion by the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #332
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

Despite all the good things 1.07 delivered on, there's a LOT more offence (overall), since the patch...

So I may be tweaking something, somewhat...
Yeah, I saw that in my pre-season (both Opponent and me both avg about 450 yds offense and 35+ ppg), and the first two regular season games.

Then, the next two games, neither team cracked 350 yds, and the scores were 25-21 and 24-18 (and in each case, at least one TD was scored by defense).

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 11-26-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #333
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Well I've started 0-2 in preseason w/ my Skins.
We seem to start well and fizzle out. Idk, this is a whole new game for me lol. I was doing well on M17 and now I'm getting spanked in M18 (All-Pro).
Scrambling qbs are a threat now.
on one play, RG3 began to scramble upfield, right up the middle(redzone) and he stopped and passed it right over the D-line, kinda of like the play the Auburn HB did vs Bama, except RG3 didn't jump pass lol.

My 2nd vs A. ROD and the Packers, he played a half and rushed maybe 3x for 20yds, nothing crazy. He got hot passing in the 2nd and they ended winning the 1st half 21-14. 2nd half was andll backups, so not really looking at this.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #334
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

The CPU is Running more than passing on me, is that because I'm not stopping the run?
Last few games they've ran 38atts and pass for 22atts. On avg.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #335
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Just broke down and bought the digital black Friday deal because of what I'm hearing about the patch. Is the title update automatically included?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #336
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
The CPU is Running more than passing on me, is that because I'm not stopping the run?
Last few games they've ran 38atts and pass for 22atts. On avg.
No it's not, I've had the announcers compare my run defense to the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens and every week teams run more than they pass vs me. I just played Houston and Deshaun Watson didn't throw his first incomplete pass until about one minute left in the 3rdquarter and he still had less than 20 passing attempts. On their last possession they were down by 10 and called a run on 4th and 6

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »