Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #345
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

While I can say that this patch is good it also broke some things as well.. The penalties are flat out broke and I have them cranked..The animations play out but nothing gets called..I am also getting annoyed at the excessive pancakes although that was introduced with the prior patch it should have been at least toned down with this patch..QB AI logic has improved but now the CPU is a constant run machine ...Man fix one thing another breaks..I am now seeing if the penalty sliders are reversed..geesh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #346
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
While I can say that this patch is good it also broke some things as well.. The penalties are flat out broke and I have them cranked..The animations play out but nothing gets called..I am also getting annoyed at the excessive pancakes although that was introduced with the prior patch it should have been at least toned down with this patch..QB AI logic has improved but now the CPU is a constant run machine ...Man fix one thing another breaks..I am now seeing if the penalty sliders are reversed..geesh...
About the only penalties I don't have called are RTK and DH. Otherwise, I'm getting a nice mix of other penalties including DPI.

I have most of my penalties on 51 and many other players have them on 51 too. I think broke is too strong of a word, especially if others are seeing penalties called.

It varies, some games there are 4 penalties called and some games 10 or more called. Heck, agg pass rush and there is a risk of off sides being called, same with aggressive blocking, holding penalties will occur.

I haven't seen the pancakes occur yet, but others have noticed once/twice per game.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #347
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
If you turn fatigue up to 60, youíll see penalties.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #348
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Are not reversed are IMO been slightly removed because ruining competitive mode experience

And yes I have fatigue at 68 I don't see any kind of variety penalties called one- max two per game offense holding and false start-offside, any dh any illegal block or dpi. Before the patch at least I see more variety, a part the DH that i never see called.

Last edited by cuoreceltico; 11-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 1

After about 8 games I finally ran into a scrambling quarterback. Played Mariota and he ran more than threw. It is nice to see that as part of the CPUs arsenal but the 2 quarters I played against Mariota it does seem to be to far of a swing in the other direction. Donít ge me wrong Iíd rather see it this way than pre patch.

As far as the other quarterbacks I played statue QB seems to be improved but I was able to compile 6 sacks in one of my games.

I read someone say run game hasnít changed but I feel like Iím seeing an improvement to block shedding. Blocks are a bit more reliable to read.

Still see false start and face mask penalties.

Zones still need some improvement.

Iíd say this is the best 18s played and the best playing Madden to date.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #350
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
About the only penalties I don't have called are RTK and DH. Otherwise, I'm getting a nice mix of other penalties including DPI.

I have most of my penalties on 51 and many other players have them on 51 too. I think broke is too strong of a word, especially if others are seeing penalties called.

It varies, some games there are 4 penalties called and some games 10 or more called. Heck, agg pass rush and there is a risk of off sides being called, same with aggressive blocking, holding penalties will occur.

I haven't seen the pancakes occur yet, but others have noticed once/twice per game.
Yep I've had O Holding (I believe they nerfed D holding), DPI and a lone Unnecessary roughness (Hit Out of bounds).. that shocked me lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #351
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
Are not reversed are IMO been slightly removed because ruining competitive mode experience

And yes I have fatigue at 68 I don't see any kind of variety penalties called one- max two per game offense holding and false start-offside, any dh any illegal block or dpi. Before the patch at least I see more variety, a part the DH that i never see called.
Same here whats weird is the penalties worked fine for two games after the patch and then all of sudden nothing..so I cranked them up.I can get encroachment if I set to aggressive but other than that all the penalties have been nerfed..I get animations for PI and some for holding but they don't get called.. it's weird..I have fatigue up to 80 I don't know maybe I should delete my profile?..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #352
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep I've had O Holding (I believe they nerfed D holding), DPI and a lone Unnecessary roughness (Hit Out of bounds).. that shocked me lol
What are your penalty sliders set at..?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »