Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #361
Pro
 
triplechin's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
This patch is good but man, the playcalling by the CPU....
I don't understand why they don't use the community as a resource. Plenty of games do. I know some guy figured out how to make the playcalling better the devs could just copy that workaround until they actually put time into making a better foundation
__________________
51 & 55

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
triplechin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #362
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I don't understand why they don't use the community as a resource. Plenty of games do. I know some guy figured out how to make the playcalling better the devs could just copy that workaround until they actually put time into making a better foundation
MAYBE TRY TURNING OFF ROUGH THE KICKER AND OTHER SPECIAL TEAMS SLIDERS AS WELL. SEEMS TO PLAY BETTER.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #363
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I don't understand why they don't use the community as a resource. Plenty of games do. I know some guy figured out how to make the playcalling better the devs could just copy that workaround until they actually put time into making a better foundation
If they could just give us the ability to give custom playbooks to all teams in CFM without having to go through this workaround process it would solve alot of problems...
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #364
Rookie
 
Charvalos's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Europe
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

The problem is that AI needs an complete overhaul.

Playcalling, how the QB plays, CFM management, etc.

I have both NBA 2K & Madden and NBA 2K is far ahead in term of AI. If you play against the Warriors, good luck because you know they will burn you with 3 PTS if you can't stop them or if you play against the Thunder, if you can stop Westbrook / Anthony / George, you have a chance to win. And during the match, the IA is adapting is strategy.

In Madden, all teams are playing exactly the same. And, unfortunately, this problem is here since so many years that I don't have any hope for the future.
Charvalos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #365
The Lama
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 18,054
Blog Entries: 5
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
The problem is that AI needs an complete overhaul.

Playcalling, how the QB plays, CFM management, etc.

I have both NBA 2K & Madden and NBA 2K is far ahead in term of AI. If you play against the Warriors, good luck because you know they will burn you with 3 PTS if you can't stop them or if you play against the Thunder, if you can stop Westbrook / Anthony / George, you have a chance to win. And during the match, the IA is adapting is strategy.

In Madden, all teams are playing exactly the same. And, unfortunately, this problem is here since so many years that I don't have any hope for the future.
This is a highly accurate post. At least they did get the CPU QB AI to play a lot better (still not where it should be at this stage of the video game CPU power we have) but if I did not play with house rules I would rough shod the CPU. Where as on 2K18 and MLB The Show I play with zero house rules on the court and diamond and get a great challenge from my CPU opponent. Even the NHL series does a decent job with CPU AI (not great but certainly a lot better than Madden).

If they can really work on the core CPU AI this game can go to new heights.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 20
Madden 16
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
The Outer Worlds
No Mans Sky


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #366
MVP
 
Koosa1027's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This is a highly accurate post. At least they did get the CPU QB AI to play a lot better (still not where it should be at this stage of the video game CPU power we have) but if I did not play with house rules I would rough shod the CPU. Where as on 2K18 and MLB The Show I play with zero house rules on the court and diamond and get a great challenge from my CPU opponent. Even the NHL series does a decent job with CPU AI (not great but certainly a lot better than Madden).

If they can really work on the core CPU AI this game can go to new heights.
Madden will get this right on PS6...MAYBE...

~Koosa10:27~
__________________
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Koosa1027 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #367
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
If they could just give us the ability to give custom playbooks to all teams in CFM without having to go through this workaround process it would solve alot of problems...
I don't have much faith in them fixing the playcalling so I'd much rather give us an option in the pre game menu like they added for us to pick cpu uniforms so we can pick a custom book for the cpu to use. Come on EA, help us...help us help you!
reyes the roof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #368
10/22/21
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 12,476
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I don't have much faith in them fixing the playcalling so I'd much rather give us an option in the pre game menu like they added for us to pick cpu uniforms so we can pick a custom book for the cpu to use. Come on EA, help us...help us help you!


Yes I think we need to lobby hard for this for 19, because I agree that the CPU playcalling is very, very low on their list of things to address.
__________________
Quote:
Jordan Mychal Lemos
@crypticjordan

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.

Top -