Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 12:38 AM   #385
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Just thought of something else to test with scramblers. Maybe set them to oblivious or paranoid to see if that cuts down on scrambles. Some people say balanced/balanced doesn’t work.

Also maybe in the players ratings screen, split between pocket passer, strong arm, or balanced on the main hub where name and college are, and then in the traits put it as scrambler. Pocket Passer/Mobile would be my first try.

Not sure if these dual fields have the same powers or not. May be worth exploring.
Pre patch, setting the CPU QB to setting that didn't "match" (Pocket / Pocket, Balanced / Balanced, Mobile / Scrambler) made them play nutty...

Might not be the case now, but that's been the case previously...

Like, I set Winston to Pocket / Balanced (pre 1.07) and he took an knee in his own endzone, etc...

Editing Sense Pressure Trait may mitigate that, but it's a lot of moving parts...

Anything can happen with this thing...

Plz keep us posted on what you find / see...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 01:03 AM   #386
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
One more thing Ive noticed since day one of the patch, but have failed to mention. God there’s so much to mention. QBs are audibling on 9 minute quarters. Noticed it after an injury timeout, cpu vs cpu, the offense came out five wide with a rb, and shifted to regular shotgun and ran the ball.

About to run 15 min with 15 sec runoff. See if its any different. Prepatch, the game played smoother on 9 minute quarters. Better game management.
I have not seen the QB's audible with 17 sec runoff. I know last year it was said the AI would only audible with run off at 20 secs or higher. This year, I was not really seeing it audible much at all prior to the patch, but I might bump it to 20 sec to test (though I am afraid that will give way too many plays). Pre-patch, I did at least see the AI flip plays with 17 sec runoff, but I have not seen that in 13 games post the 1.07 patch.

Quote:
Also getting nice amount of offensive holding with it at 90. Will try 89,88,87...in future games. Happens a bit too often. 5-7 times a game.

Injury at ten is perfect.
Keep in mind, in real life teams averaged ~3 injuries per game. I have noticed at 40, this is about what I get (and, if only counting injuries out for more than one game, only have averaged 0.7/game so fare). What kind of injury numbers are you getting with injury at 10?

Similarly, in 2016, Offensive Holding was called on average of 2.05 times per game (or about once per game per team). A slider setting of somewhere between 50-55 is probably realistic, especially if you are using the Coaching adjustments. In fact, overall penalty calls in Madden for the penalties that are enabled, are not that far below reality, I have found. Yes, they are still not called at quite a realistic number at 50, but it is not that far off. What screws up the penalty numbers in Madden and leads to so many games where a team has 0-2 penalties is that so many penalties are not called. Defensive Holding (being stupidly disabled this year as a sop to the complaints of "competitive" players) is the biggest one (since, at 1.36 times per game, it is the most frequently called defensive penalty, and one of the most impactful), but a few others that are called a noticeable amount (such as Illegal Hands to the Face, 12 Men in the Huddle, Illegal Motion) are also missing entirely. So you can increase Offensive Holding, False Starts (and, on the defensive side, Offsides and DPI) a little bit to compensate for uncalled penalties, but I would say going to 80-90 on Offensive Holding may be a bit much.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #387
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

So i finally played my first game since the patch. Season 1 CFM, Week 1 rosters from EA. Bucs (me) vs. Dolphins. I ended up with 3 sacks of Tannehill, who moved around a good amount, rolled to both sides, stepped up in pocket and acted like an actual QB. He took off on non-designed runs 3-4 times during the game and picked up a few first downs. He also would roll out a find open guys by extending the play. He rolled right once and threw the ball away (hadn't seen that prior).

The biggest one that pissed me off so bad, but was good to see was when he rolled left on a designed pass play. He was approaching the line of scrimmage. I was sitting in zone and my corner was in a flat zone covering a short hitch. I hit R3 to send him after Tannehill but apparently did it a second too early. As soon as my DB came up to make a play, Tannehill flipped it to the WR who picked up 27 yards. So frustrating, but cool to see.

Definitely enjoyed it.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #388
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have not seen the QB's audible with 17 sec runoff. I know last year it was said the AI would only audible with run off at 20 secs or higher. This year, I was not really seeing it audible much at all prior to the patch, but I might bump it to 20 sec to test (though I am afraid that will give way too many plays). Pre-patch, I did at least see the AI flip plays with 17 sec runoff, but I have not seen that in 13 games post the 1.07 patch.

Keep in mind, in real life teams averaged ~3 injuries per game. I have noticed at 40, this is about what I get (and, if only counting injuries out for more than one game, only have averaged 0.7/game so fare). What kind of injury numbers are you getting with injury at 10?

Similarly, in 2016, Offensive Holding was called on average of 2.05 times per game (or about once per game per team). A slider setting of somewhere between 50-55 is probably realistic, especially if you are using the Coaching adjustments. In fact, overall penalty calls in Madden for the penalties that are enabled, are not that far below reality, I have found. Yes, they are still not called at quite a realistic number at 50, but it is not that far off. What screws up the penalty numbers in Madden and leads to so many games where a team has 0-2 penalties is that so many penalties are not called. Defensive Holding (being stupidly disabled this year as a sop to the complaints of "competitive" players) is the biggest one (since, at 1.36 times per game, it is the most frequently called defensive penalty, and one of the most impactful), but a few others that are called a noticeable amount (such as Illegal Hands to the Face, 12 Men in the Huddle, Illegal Motion) are also missing entirely. So you can increase Offensive Holding, False Starts (and, on the defensive side, Offsides and DPI) a little bit to compensate for uncalled penalties, but I would say going to 80-90 on Offensive Holding may be a bit much.
Horse collar tackle is missing too. That's why I move facemask up a bit from 50 (to 53) to actually get facemask called once in a while, and I pretend some of them were horse collar tackles.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #389
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Horse collar tackle is missing too. That's why I move facemask up a bit from 50 (to 53) to actually get facemask called once in a while, and I pretend some of them were horse collar tackles.
I think it used to be in Madden previously, but obviously, they took it out. I am not sure if that was something the shield requested or not.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #390
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely saw QBs moving a lot more since the patch. This is a positive step for sure.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #391
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
One more thing Ive noticed since day one of the patch, but have failed to mention. God there’s so much to mention. QBs are audibling on 9 minute quarters. Noticed it after an injury timeout, cpu vs cpu, the offense came out five wide with a rb, and shifted to regular shotgun and ran the ball.

About to run 15 min with 15 sec runoff. See if its any different. Prepatch, the game played smoother on 9 minute quarters. Better game management.
So, have you seen any audibles with runoff enabled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #392
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
So, have you seen any audibles with runoff enabled?
Some, after injury timeouts, mostly. Sometimes i see them change the direction of the play. Way more audibles, hand signals, and formation shifts with nine and no runoff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »