Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #209
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Is anyone getting bad weather games since the patch? I've played 6 or 7 outdoor games, and all have been in perfect weather.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Funny you mention that because in my 3 games post patch all "play now" mode I choose overcast and the games played in regular sunny weather.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #210
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0

Played a game in a different CFM file last night. The saints (me) vs. the redskins (cpu).

This time, the QB moving was very evident and it looked much better. Sacks were still a bit higher than I would of liked, but it was not the result of the statue issue. Colt McCoy was in for the redskins and he was awful which was nice to see. I lost the game 39-32 as I turned it over 4 times, 4 defensive touchdowns.

Strange coincidence though. I have played 2 games from different CFM saves. Both games started exactly the same way. In the first quarter, I threw a pick six while driving on the opening possession of the game. The kickoff following the pick six in both games, my returner then fumbled and it was returned for a TD, leaving me down 14-0 in both games.

Last edited by GoBlue7; 11-22-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #211
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree with the many, that this patch has worked well to improve the game. Had i think my most fun game with 18 last night. A 16-7 defensive battle, on All-pro default. Really liking the cpu qb play now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #212
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
Played a game in a different CFM file last night. The saints (me) vs. the redskins (cpu).

This time, the QB moving was very evident and it looked much better. Sacks were still a bit higher than I would of liked, but it was not the result of the statue issue. Colt McCoy was in for the redskins and he was awful which was nice to see. I lost the game 39-32 as I turned it over 4 times, 3 were defensive touchdowns.

Strange coincidence though. I have played 2 games from different CFM saves. Both games started exactly the same way. In the first quarter, I threw a pick six while driving on the opening possession of the game. The kickoff following the pick six in both games, my returner then fumbled and it was returned for a TD, leaving me down 14-0 in both games.
The slider gurus suggest deleting your profile after title updates.

That might be helpful, not sure.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #213
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

One thing I did notice re: weather is that the cold weather stuff is out of whack. I played my first December game post-patch in my CFM last night and the commentators were talking about how cold it was but there was no players' visible breath, coaches were in polo shirts and no players had long sleeves.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #214
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
One thing I did notice re: weather is that the cold weather stuff is out of whack. I played my first December game post-patch in my CFM last night and the commentators were talking about how cold it was but there was no players' visible breath, coaches were in polo shirts and no players had long sleeves.

Welcome to madden. The weather never works correctly. I would hear commentary during the intro talking about heavy snow, and then everyone is out there in shorts/t-shirts and its perfectly sunny.

2 Things I really want control over within a franchise game. Weather and open/closing stadium roofs.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #215
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm just so impressed with how well the QB movement and scrambling has been done from a situational logic standpoint as well as animation. The transitions from pocket passing setup, to scramble, to a throw on the run happen so smoothly and look so good.

This is the new benchmark for QB movement, and if it ever reverts back we'll point to this patch.
This is definitely good to read, I'll be picking up my M18 for $27! Thanks EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #216
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Is anyone getting bad weather games since the patch? I've played 6 or 7 outdoor games, and all have been in perfect weather.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
2nd game I played was a snow game in Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »