Home

Do you want Longshot to return?

This is a discussion on Do you want Longshot to return? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Longshot Return
Yes 17 15.04%
No 76 67.26%
No opinion/don't care 20 17.70%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you want Longshot to return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'll play it when it's there - because it will be there, Tiburon didn't invest multiple years of R&D to build a one-off story mode for one Madden game - but I don't really have a strong opinion if for whatever reason it got axed.
Except the R&D is now a sunk cost - the best money saving approach at this point, if numbers show that the game mode wasn't successful is to cut it out and not waste future resources on it which could be used in other places.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Except the R&D is now a sunk cost - the best money saving approach at this point, if numbers show that the game mode wasn't successful is to cut it out and not waste future resources on it which could be used in other places.
Didn't EA recently say that something like half their player base completed the first two of Longshot's three acts? I remember their announcing some very positive number like that.

To that end the mode has unquestionably been a critical and commercial success. It very clearly wasn't a "waste of resources" and it is coming back, regardless how much the "sim" community continues to vilify it.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Didn't EA recently say that something like half their player base completed the first two of Longshot's three acts? I remember their announcing some very positive number like that.

To that end the mode has unquestionably been a critical and commercial success. It very clearly wasn't a "waste of resources" and it is coming back, regardless how much the "sim" community continues to vilify it.
If that is the case, then it should be back...I would then expect it to be connected more with CFM and MUT to help give the mode more value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

God no. It does nothing for me. I'm sure it will be back because people played it, which will take resources away from the things that would've made me actually want to buy the game, but personally I hope they abandon it.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Would love for this and The Journey in Fifa to die and for them to start caring about CFM again
Old 11-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

No, never even tried it, i have zero interest in it and didn't want to pump up EAs numbers for it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #15
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Eh, I played it.. it was entertaining.

But I sort of beat it quickly. I rember thinking "that content was kind of short considering they worked on it for 3 years."

I would NOT like to see it return only because 3 years is a lot of time and effort to put into something that produced such few hours of entertainment.

I am far more entertained by CFM... if they had put such effort into CFM each year I would get a far greater number of hours of entertainment.

Its gimmicky, it has RPG elements, people like that... I get it. Not my cup of tea however. I purchase RPG titles to play RPG games, and sports titles to play sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Sure. Was the only thing in Madden 18 I enjoyed. I wouldn't make it priority over a Franchise Mode rebuild, but I think it's a nice side-mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »