Home

Do you want Longshot to return?

This is a discussion on Do you want Longshot to return? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Longshot Return
Yes 17 15.04%
No 76 67.26%
No opinion/don't care 20 17.70%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Do you want Longshot to return?

If it is there i will play it. If not I won't really care. A lot of people played it but that does not mean it is a success. It has to influence the purchasing decision for that and ea is not going to give us those numbers. It played like a phone app and killed boredom for a day. I would play it again once i start getting bored with franchise next year but has no bearing on my purchasing decision.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Didn't EA recently say that something like half their player base completed the first two of Longshot's three acts? I remember their announcing some very positive number like that.

To that end the mode has unquestionably been a critical and commercial success. It very clearly wasn't a "waste of resources" and it is coming back, regardless how much the "sim" community continues to vilify it.

Wasnít there a huge get for MUT players to get some higher rated cards for just playing the game? I️ would imagine that the number would have been much lower if it was not connected to MUT.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 2

And to answer the question. No, but it ainít going anywhere.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Didn't EA recently say that something like half their player base completed the first two of Longshot's three acts? I remember their announcing some very positive number like that.

To that end the mode has unquestionably been a critical and commercial success. It very clearly wasn't a "waste of resources" and it is coming back, regardless how much the "sim" community continues to vilify it.
Another way of saying it is over half the player base didn't finish the mode. Considering story mode is supposed to hook you with its narrative and wasn't difficult to complete, I am not sure how much of a success that is. Having said that, I assume it will be back for another year.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #21
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Sure. I wouldnít mind if it returned. My only request is whether they can make it ďgoodĒ this time. In its current state, it plays like a graduate student project.

The creator should step away and delegate it to a professional.

Also, it needs to find a way to be efficient by lending assets to other game modes. Itís a drain and waste of money to have 3 games in 1 (CFM, MUT, longshot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 07:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes just want it more inclusive to cfm or play league games over multiple years

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:

Is that really a Ďpositiveí number for the mode? Half the player base completed 2 of 3 acts? U can also read this as Ďhalf the player base chose NOT to finish ití. That makes it a bust, imo.

Iíd be curious to hear what number of people absolutely finished the mode. Thatís the important number as to whether it was truly a Ďsuccessí. The fact that half the people tried the mode doesnít mean much. Itís a new mode. Itís a random movie thing, Iíd assume most people would try it. Even I️ tried it, and I️ was totally against this mode, for the resource jack and the overall idea just didnít move me. I️ played the first high school game, I️ believe. And, never looked back, never bothered finishing it once I️ got into my CFM and the gameplay felt good. Is that 2 out of 3 acts completed? Cause, if so, thatís not representative of my feelings for the mode. Again, the fact that many people arenít finishing shows it shouldnít be an important mode moving forward. Although, Iím sure ea will push it for 3-4 years to see if catches on more and more. And/or, maybe they modify it moving forward into something that more people would enjoy.

But, AFAIC, and as an answer to the op, I️ donít want/need this mode continued and donít plan on finishing it in M18.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Is that really a Ďpositiveí number for the mode? Half the player base completed 2 of 3 acts? U can also read this as Ďhalf the player base chose NOT to finish ití. That makes it a bust, imo.

Iíd be curious to hear what number of people absolutely finished the mode. Thatís the important number as to whether it was truly a Ďsuccessí. The fact that half the people tried the mode doesnít mean much. Itís a new mode. Itís a random movie thing, Iíd assume most people would try it. Even I️ tried it, and I️ was totally against this mode, for the resource jack and the overall idea just didnít move me. I️ played the first high school game, I️ believe. And, never looked back, never bothered finishing it once I️ got into my CFM and the gameplay felt good. Is that 2 out of 3 acts completed? Cause, if so, thatís not representative of my feelings for the mode. Again, the fact that many people arenít finishing shows it shouldnít be an important mode moving forward. Although, Iím sure ea will push it for 3-4 years to see if catches on more and more. And/or, maybe they modify it moving forward into something that more people would enjoy.

But, AFAIC, and as an answer to the op, I️ donít want/need this mode continued and donít plan on finishing it in M18.

My suspicion is they will keep it and tie it more heavily into MUT and obtaining cards to keep people engaged.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »