Home

Do you want Longshot to return?

This is a discussion on Do you want Longshot to return? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Longshot Return
Yes 17 15.04%
No 76 67.26%
No opinion/don't care 20 17.70%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Do you want Longshot to return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Highly disagree with the initial paragraph, mainly because I’ve completed Red Dead Redemption 3x, all of the GTAs, the Mass Effect series, Skyrim (whew, I had about 100+ hours over two years), Sleeping Dogs...the list goes on. And I believe each one offers at least 5-8 hours of content minimum. My point is this: it doesn’t matter about the game length. A good story keeps the player hooked and makes the 5 hours seem like 5 minutes. I just felt that Longshot had a lackluster story and dragged on and on longer than it needed to.
According to Steam, I have 1537 hours in Skyrim. Care to guess how many hours I've put into Longshot? I don't know how many hours I had in RDR, but I really miss it. Care to guess how much I would miss Longshot?

I'm with you and Kehlis. It's comparing apples and oranges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Is it possible that Longshot is taking up disc space that could be better used elsewhere? I have no idea if space is an issue but I remember hearing something about certain plays not being available in custom playbooks because of a space issue and if that's the case, I'd much rather see Longshot go and use the space it was taking up on something else
Old 11-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #67
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Without several focus groups we will never know anything close to the answer to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know. I find OS to be pretty indicative of the hardcore base of Madden which is single player dominant. The MUT guys and online CFM mode guys probably do not like it either. The only segrment left is really the casuals who admittedly outnumber everbody else by alot.

But it's still pretty telling that only 16% want the mode to come back. And if you liked Longshot, you would've seen this thread and voted more than likely. I don't think this poll is useful in predicting if Longshot will return in anyway but the results are interesting nonetheless.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 11-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #68
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I don't know. I find OS to be pretty indicative of the hardcore base of Madden which is single player dominant. The MUT guys and online CFM mode guys probably do not like it either. The only segrment left is really the casuals who admittedly outnumber everbody else by alot.

But it's still pretty telling that only 16% want the mode to come back. And if you liked Longshot, you would've seen this thread and voted more than likely. I don't think this poll is useful in predicting if Longshot will return in anyway but the results are interesting nonetheless.

The longer I’m around here the more I wonder whether OS does represent the hardcore base or a subset of it. I’m defining hardcore as a player that plays year round at least 2x per week (ignoring what mode they play). Someone who never skips a madden release. Casual being someone who stops playing after football season or doesn’t purchase the game at retail annually.

Either way, casuals outnumber everyone and no matter how much potential the mode has, execution is everything. Same for CFM lot of wasted potential (coordinators etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #69
Rookie

mathteacherct's Arena

I thought it was fun, but if it's going to continue, it needs WAY more work. Way to scripted and didn't really feel like I was in control of the life of the player. It would be fun to incorporate Longshot into the be a superstar of old. Create your Longshot contender, go through the process and story and gain draft status. Get drafted and then use that player in a franchise type mode to continue the career of the longshot.
I feel like they are trying to add the same story idea that is in all the RPG shooter games, follow the story, then play online. If they want to do that, do it more like Destiny, where the character is yours in online and offline play. just a thought.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #70
Banned

I played for about 30 minutes then closed it and never went back. I dont understand the obsession with QTE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »