Home

A Question to the Online League Players

This is a discussion on A Question to the Online League Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

So , it seems most those who play offline love the new patch, mainly ( and only real thing ive heard) is because the QB may scramble now instead of just stand there. Thats def good news for them. Im just curious from those who play in online leagues, how are you feeling after the patch?

However , online play , thats never been an issue. There are numerous big issues in this game. So im curious how many who play in online leagues feel this patch really made this " the best madden " .

Maybe its just me and the very large amount of online league commisioners i talk to . Although i find that hard to believe.

Some glaring issues i hear owners complain about :

- Lack of momentum/footplanting , players still gliding around and swerving left and right without losing any speed.Almost like running on ice, still.

- Players still not responding to the button you press , only standing still and doing nothing ( happens on defense).

- Passing zones on all pro ( even with sliders at 99 for pass reaction and pass cover) still very weak and way to easy to pass on.

- Auto pancakes , even when in 4-3, 4-4, 4-6 , 3-4 and NOT picking pass commit .

- OP Jukes and spins by literally any HB, making literally any defender fly thru the air to be forced away from player with ball, no matter if you correctly guess where the player is going or not for the tackle.

- Still a high amount of drops by guys with high catching and CIT ratings.

- Lack of penalties

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 11-21-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

OVR: 0

As it relates to the button pressing.

I don’t disagree with them nerfing ball hawk. You shouldn’t be able to run around holding Y and get rewarded with an INT.

But then, why do I, as a defender, have to PERFECTLY time my Y press, even if they throw it directly to me when I’m standing still..

When on offense you can hold one of the catch buttons the entire route.. and it makes it work better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
MVP

Re: A Question to the Online League Players

Playing in All Madden those two specific changes they added for All Madden sim were two issues that annoyed me. With those changes I am feeling pretty good right now. Would like to see a few more penalties and a slight tune to ball carrier moves (although elite ratings should matte there).
Old 11-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So , it seems most those who play offline love the new patch, mainly ( and only real thing ive heard) is because the QB may scramble now instead of just stand there. Thats def good news for them. Im just curious from those who play in online leagues, how are you feeling after the patch?

However , online play , thats never been an issue. There are numerous big issues in this game. So im curious how many who play in online leagues feel this patch really made this " the best madden " .

Maybe its just me and the very large amount of online league commisioners i talk to . Although i find that hard to believe.

Some glaring issues i hear owners complain about :

- Lack of momentum/footplanting , players still gliding around and swerving left and right without losing any speed.Almost like running on ice, still.

- Players still not responding to the button you press , only standing still and doing nothing ( happens most all the time on defense).

- Passing zones on all pro ( even with sliders at 99 for pass reaction and pass cover) still very weak and way to easy to pass on.

- Auto pancakes , even when in 4-3, 4-4, 4-6 , 3-4 and NOT picking pass commit .

- OP Jukes and spins by literally any HB, making literally any defender fly thru the air to be forced away from player with ball, no matter if you correctly guess where the player is going or not for the tackle.

- Still a high amount of drops by guys with high catching and CIT ratings.

- Lack of penalties

All madden catching on sim needs a huge overhaul, dbs catch the ball more consistently when hit than Antonio brown and anything other than possession catch is fruitless, I cant even nail a spec catch with a guy with a 97 rating if he gets hit in the quad on a glancing blow
Old 11-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Its even more glaring when you go to comp in ultinmate team and AB makes insane catches look easy, but then in a nerfed down sim league defense he cant hold on to anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
As it relates to the button pressing.

I don’t disagree with them nerfing ball hawk. You shouldn’t be able to run around holding Y and get rewarded with an INT.

But then, why do I, as a defender, have to PERFECTLY time my Y press, even if they throw it directly to me when I’m standing still..

When on offense you can hold one of the catch buttons the entire route.. and it makes it work better?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Actually my point was not at all about ball hawk things. ive never been 1 who just ran around holding triangle, because i thought it was just cheap. Ive always timed it when ive gotten them. The issue to me is, i time it right, press button, defender does nothing, its been happening. Happened in madden 15, 16,17 and now 18. Sometimes i try to tackle someone , press the right direction , hit tackle , they just run right round the guy , or stop. No point in having a button to press if they the are not going to do anything.

As for the timing part, it would be ok if , the player at least did something. If timed wrong, they jump too soon or late for the pick, ok fine. But to stand there and do nothing is just so frustrating its not even funny.Especially since you have gotten player in right place, only to do nothing and most of the time it results in a big play or a td.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/186708886

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 11-21-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My league (10m quarters, default All-Pro, Simulation gameplay style) has ten people, so there's a mix of user and CPU teams. We honestly haven't noticed any of these issues, certainly none of them enough to dramatically lessen our experience with the game or hurt the quality of our league. For example, I play zone coverage almost exclusively and I have one of the best passing defenses in the league, so I disagree that zone coverages don't work. To that end, I disagree with the premise of the thread that this game has "numerous issues".

Admittedly there is a low number of penalties in our league, but based on my experimentation with the penalty sliders that's mostly due our keeping those sliders at their default values (with the exception of defensive holding).

The biggest issue people in my league have complained about - CPU QBs being statues - looks like it was just fixed, so we'll see what happens going forward.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
My league (10m quarters, default All-Pro, Simulation gameplay style) has ten people, so there's a mix of user and CPU teams. We honestly haven't noticed any of these issues, certainly none of them enough to dramatically lessen our experience with the game or hurt the quality of our league. For example, I play zone coverage almost exclusively and I have one of the best passing defenses in the league, so I disagree that zone coverages don't work. To that end, I disagree with the premise of the thread that this game has "numerous issues".

Admittedly there is a low number of penalties in our league, but based on my experimentation with the penalty sliders that's mostly due our keeping those sliders at their default values (with the exception of defensive holding).

The biggest issue people in my league have complained about - CPU QBs being statues - looks like it was just fixed, so we'll see what happens going forward.
Maybe a dif in majority of league is cpu ( more like offline) than a full league of users. I dunno , but i know ive seen everything ive mentioned above. I have users who have played in league for 8 years ready to quit league because of gameplay , nothing else.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/188115951

and no i did not pick pass commit nor is this only time ive had this happen. I literally refuse to use dollar set on d anymore , because im affraid user will audible to a run and i get auto pancaked ( not every time, but should never be happening)

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 11-21-2017 at 11:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »