Home

Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cover 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Some things to note. In all of these options except cover 2 carry, you should be manually changing the MLB's assignment to deep third because mid read is actually broken this year, and the LB's(including the outside LB's in vert hooks) will not play their assignments properly if you don't. I also suggest that you user the MLB is these situations(especially in nickel as you can't make that adjustment).

This explains so much, lol. Had heard rumblings about MLBs & deep thirds in C2 but never read someone sum up the issue.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 11-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #10
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

The best example i can think of for that is the dagger concept against cover 2 sink. The corner will drop with the deep in route about 10-13 yards, the nickel corner will carry the vert.. this leaves the drag concept coming across the field wide open in the flats unless the MLB chooses to jump it, which could in turn leave the in route open if the nickel corner doesn't drop the vertical in time. I've seen a lot of people complain about LB's or corners not being "where they should be" in cover 2 plays, but it's really just a matter of calling the right version against whatever your opponent is running.

Hopefully this helps you out.
Good info but at the same time, dagger concept is one of my go to plays, don't give out too much info on it
Old 11-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #11
Banned

well tampa 2 and cover 2 are similar but different. in tampa 2 the MLB drops back into deep coverage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #12
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
This explains so much, lol. Had heard rumblings about MLBs & deep thirds in C2 but never read someone sum up the issue.
Yea, last madden the mid read worked great, but, for whatever reason, they screwed it up this year. The MLB will drop back about 5-7 yards and then just sit there, and the vert hook zones will give the slot/TE free inside releases about 50% of the time. It's a mess out there honestly. but if you change that mid read to a deep 3rd, suddenly everyone plays it correctly. The only drawback to that is if you don't user the MLB, it can hurt you. They won't stop dropping early enough, and the deep third takes them out of the run fit so they can miss their gaps against the run game. I'm used to playing as the MLB anyway, but it's almost mandatory this year if you want to see realistic results.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Yea, last madden the mid read worked great, but, for whatever reason, they screwed it up this year. The MLB will drop back about 5-7 yards and then just sit there, and the vert hook zones will give the slot/TE free inside releases about 50% of the time. It's a mess out there honestly. but if you change that mid read to a deep 3rd, suddenly everyone plays it correctly. The only drawback to that is if you don't user the MLB, it can hurt you. They won't stop dropping early enough, and the deep third takes them out of the run fit so they can miss their gaps against the run game. I'm used to playing as the MLB anyway, but it's almost mandatory this year if you want to see realistic results.
Yeah, I'm one of the few in my league who doesn't typically user MLB. I often take an ILB who isn't in the mid/read C2 or a safety. But sounds like I'm gonna need to do it in C2, because to your point while deep third may be safer, even that's not really correct and could leave a wide open guy over the middle past the sticks on, say, 3rd & 8.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »