Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #73
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Devs have said it is not scripted. A game developer here at OS explained that it would be almost impossible to pull off because of so many variables. Yet, you still believe it, even though all this extra work would go into making customers hate the game.

And your answer is that I canít prove a negative. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

No one can prove it one way or other except those with inside knowledge of the code. My opinion is based on playing thousands of games and seeing the results play out on the field. It's not the results of the plays like say, 70 yd touchdown pass. It's the way it plays out, like for example two deep zones in a cover 4 standing still and letting someone run right by the them without reacting when there's no other wr in the area.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
You're absolutely correct. The issue though, is whether certain events occur through dice rolls weighted by player rating differentials or by scripted outcomes. It's the way things play out on the field that is the most compelling, like for example slower players catching faster ones from behind, etc. Saying that the same thing has happened in the real NFL is irrelevant, the issue is random vs scripted.
Have you noticed slower players catching faster players in Madden 18?

That is another thing they cleaned up and I haven't run across in 4 seasons of CFM in Madden 18.

I side with the developer that said it's dice rolls, not scripted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #76
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Have you noticed slower players catching faster players in Madden 18?

That is another thing they cleaned up and I haven't run across in 4 seasons of CFM in Madden 18.

I side with the developer that said it's dice rolls, not scripted.

Admittedly, I have, but only before adjusting the player speed parity. I saw numerous corners that could keep up with John Ross with speeds in the high 80s.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:01 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Admittedly, I have, but only before adjusting the player speed parity. I saw numerous corners that could keep up with John Ross with speeds in the high 80s.
What speed parity setting do you use?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #78
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
No one can prove it one way or other except those with inside knowledge of the code.
Given this perfectly reasonable statement, why then do so many people immediately and vehemently distrust and disagree with those who actually possess first-hand knowledge of the code (such as Rex Dickson or Clint Oldenberg) when they tell us, the Madden community, that the game is not scripted?
Old 12-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Given this perfectly reasonable statement, why then do so many people immediately and vehemently distrust and disagree with those who actually possess first-hand knowledge of the code (such as Rex Dickson or Clint Oldenberg) when they tell us, the Madden community, that the game is not scripted?
I don't immediately or inherently distrust them, far from it. My opinions were developed over 10 years and thousands of games played before Clint or Rex were even with EA. I also don't know how far Clint and Rex are on the org chart from the actual coders, plus it may be legacy code that's too foundational to be addressed.

I'm not trying to single out EA either, other games likely do similar things.The only other sports game I've spent a lot of time on is MLB2K and the same type of things happened there and were even more obvious.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:14 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm just going to site a personal reference that Ian also confirmed that the game was not scripted, which is close to going back a decade.

I don't think in the long run it matters which side who is on, in the long run, a person is going to believe what they feel they believe, developer input or not.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »