Home

Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

This is a discussion on Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 02:38 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

1st, throw out the definition of this Play Style because the gameplay on this Play Style on All-Madden just doesn't add up.

Arcade is supposed to be non-Sim, then throw in the cheating All-Madden difficulty level, no way!!!

I've never been a slider tweaker, but with a couple of Slider adjustments (mainly User), this is the gameplay that was at EA Play.

Unlike what the definition says, penalties are called and any penalty slider adjustments are easily noticed.

Some quick notes: (CFM: Raiders vs Cardinals)
1) Pocket is "very" dynamic with no Pocket Timer delaying Pass Rush moves.
- Ratings matter big time (in CFM, major difference between starters and backups)

2) AI QB's Ratings/Traits play out accordingly
- in CFM, Palmer moved inside the pocket, while Gabbert consistently ran out of the pocket
- while being chased towards the sideline before crossing the LOS, Gabbert threw ball away (having the Trait) right as my DT ankle tackle attempted

3) AI seemed to target its mismatches
- my Raider's secondary is just poo-poo in man
- both QB's kept throwing to John Brown on most passes

4) AI Ball Carriers using its moves
- Beautiful is all I can say

Etc, etc, etc....

Some Slider tweaks to consider:
1) Increase Stamina Slider to subbing liking

2) Tackle Slider for AI will need to be increased to minimize User Break Tackles to your liking

3) INT for AI will need to be increased for some that don't like too many drops by def players

Give "Arcade on All-Madden" a try with default sliders, then tinker and submit your feedback.

This just doesn't make sense, but who cares if it's providing the gameplay experience.

***Please just keep the post about gameplay impressions "after playing" and/or things to be done to enhance gameplay on these settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Big Surprise: Arcade on All-Madden

I'm gonna have to mess around with this.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:31 AM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Tried a half, 9min QTRs. Chargers vs Bucs (me).

AI Gordon looked good running, made a couple nice moves and was dynamic.

Rivers was beasting, leading four fast scoring drives before a user pick (MLB) during the 5th. CPU returned a punt for a TD, was a beautiful play.

It's an interesting take, but the Arcade setting shows. QTE things are easy (pass rush, break tackle), deep passing game isn't dangerous at all (was chucking it up to Jackson in double and triple coverage and watching him come down), overall it's an offensive shootout. Coverage downfield just isn't there.

Rivers averaged 26.4 yards per attempt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170826_173040.jpg (605.4 KB, 790 views)
Old 08-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Thank you for this. I enjoy simulation but my affection for arcade is about the same. Glad I'm not the only one. When talking to friends about this, no one could get past the word "Arcade" and the connotations to give it a shot

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Tried a half, 9min QTRs. Chargers vs Bucs (me).

AI Gordon looked good running, made a couple nice moves and was dynamic.

Rivers was beasting, leading four fast scoring drives before a user pick (MLB) during the 5th. CPU returned a punt for a TD, was a beautiful play.

It's an interesting take, but the Arcade setting shows. QTE things are easy (pass rush, break tackle), deep passing game isn't dangerous at all (was chucking it up to Jackson in double and triple coverage and watching him come down), overall it's an offensive shootout. Coverage downfield just isn't there.

Rivers averaged 26.4 yards per attempt.
Definitely not strictly default Slider Play as noted, but slider adjustments can correct those things you noted.

One major thing I noticed is that Ratings play out on this setting (don't know why).
- Jackson's JMP (87) and CIT (84) are high

I'm doing the ratings edit route 1st to calm CIT down and it works.
Going to see if lowering Catch Slider will accomplish the same thing to make overall task easier.

I love that you noted the Pass Rush is easy because this can be tweaked upwards to make things harder.
Our problem on other settings is being able to tweak things downward to generate a better Rush.
- Outside rushers force QB up in the pocket which is a great starting point

I'm focusing on each area/position trying both ratings edits and/or Slider adjustments to see which accomplishes what I want.

QB notes:
1) Most QB's have Carry ratings around 60's and must be edited to 80+ to minimize fumbles on sacks.

2) ***edit THP to 60-70-80
- "crazy" that this works, but improves gameplay tremendously
- Strong Arms get 80, with noodle arms at 60
- the "Ball angle" is corrected with proper loft on it based on distance
- even if you "bullet Pass" loft is added upon the throw

3) Changed C Palmers Style Trait to Scrambler to see what would happen.
- slow as dirt due to his ratings, but he tried to scramble which is what I wanted to see when this Trait was selected.

I said I wasn't going to lab M18, but stumbling across this Play Style has peaked my curiousity to unlock the cave.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Thank you for this. I enjoy simulation but my affection for arcade is about the same. Glad I'm not the only one. When talking to friends about this, no one could get past the word "Arcade" and the connotations to give it a shot
I like most, went strait to Sim Play Style and was trying to edit ratings to get the game back to EA Play levels, but needing a break to curb frustrations (mainly the Pocket Timer), I just tried a game on Arcade and noticed some things about gameplay.

Then I went into CFM and was like if this can/that can be changed, it's on again similiar to EA Play.

I really believe this could be heaven for Slider Guru's and/or Ratings editors.

**The imposed Pocket Timer upon pass rushers isn't present and is what popped out to me immediately.
It's a starting point for my curiousity on this setting.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 38

Did you tweak the sliders and if so what is a good starting point?
Old 08-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #8
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i love my current set....having great games....but this really really intrigues me...

if you would like i would give you some tips for boosting the pass defense on both sides...and rush defense.

im burnt out on testing right now...not sure I could try again lol.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »