Home

Blocked kicks

This is a discussion on Blocked kicks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocked kicks

See, i've seen it on both difficulties. The problem I have with the blocked kicks, is they seem pre-determined. Once you snap the ball, you can tell if it is going to be blocked or not because the play goes so slooooow. Also, I have blocked 3 or 4 kicks total in my time and in all of them, I have not had my hands even on the controller, cpu just did it for me, which again, makes it feel pre-determined.

I won't even bring up that fact that blocked kicks in real life rarely happen with the end guy flying in. Usually happen due to the DL push and hands getting up. O well
Old 11-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
See, i've seen it on both difficulties. The problem I have with the blocked kicks, is they seem pre-determined. Once you snap the ball, you can tell if it is going to be blocked or not because the play goes so slooooow. Also, I have blocked 3 or 4 kicks total in my time and in all of them, I have not had my hands even on the controller, cpu just did it for me, which again, makes it feel pre-determined.

I won't even bring up that fact that blocked kicks in real life rarely happen with the end guy flying in. Usually happen due to the DL push and hands getting up. O well
That is all true; unfortunately, that is how the blocking mechanic was programmed in Madden. The blocks up the middle are theoretically possible, I guess, but I never see them.

While it should be improved to be more realistic next year, overall, this version of blocked kicks is still a enormously better than what we had in years past, where blocked kicks were only the result of a glitch, or were outright impossible.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #11
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Before the patch, on all madden, I had one blocked against me almost every game and returned for a td. After the patch, I haven't seen any yet in about 7 games. It has been way better in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #12
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
That is all true; unfortunately, that is how the blocking mechanic was programmed in Madden. The blocks up the middle are theoretically possible, I guess, but I never see them.

While it should be improved to be more realistic next year, overall, this version of blocked kicks is still a enormously better than what we had in years past, where blocked kicks were only the result of a glitch, or were outright impossible.
Agree 100%. I never get too mad when it happens. Just shake your head and move on to the next play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #13
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

What really frustrates me is that 9 out of 10 blocks seem to be returned for a TD. They need blocks where the kick gets tipped but still travels over the line of scrimmage, that should be the majority of blocked kicks
Old 11-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #14
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What really frustrates me is that 9 out of 10 blocks seem to be returned for a TD. They need blocks where the kick gets tipped but still travels over the line of scrimmage, that should be the majority of blocked kicks
Agree.

Even on the ones that are blocked behind the LOS, the holder and kicker are still way to slow to react, as well.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
Since the latest patch I've had a kick blocked and returned in EVERY SINGLE GAME I've played. This has become comical

I havenít had any kicks blocked but I also havenít blocked any kicks in a very long time. I probably used to block and average of 3 per season in my first madden 18 franchise and back in madden 17 but now no matter how well I time the snap and hit the trigger my edge rusher never gets a good jump animation. Itís frustrating to think that itís now impossible to block kicks this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #16

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Also, are we talking All Pro or All Madden? It does seem, anecdotally, player kicks are blocked more often on All Madden.

Otherwise, I do not think there is enough to suggest a problem with blocked kicks.
In 4 games since the patch I've had 1 FG, 2 PAT's and 1 Punt blocked by the CPU or in other words an average of one block per game. I am on All-Madden and it is indeed frustrating as I can't do anything about it other then supersim it from this point forward. On the flip side I haven't blocked a single kick myself in the 100+ games I've played on this years game, I'd give anything to actually block one at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »