Home

Blocked kicks

This is a discussion on Blocked kicks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocked kicks

I don't think I've ever seen the CPU block one of my kicks with one of the two interior blockers. It is always the CB on the far edge that swings around as the screen goes in slow motion. I haven't had the CPU attempt a block yet since the patch as I've only played one game, but it used to happen a lot.

I have actually made FGs while the screen slows down and the CPU comes in for the block though. But that was before the patch and it depended on where the bar was for accuracy when I kicked the FG/XP.

I noticed the CPU attempts blocks a lot in bad weather conditions, even if it isn't that long of a FG/XP. Windy, rainy, or snow conditions. Almost guaranteed to see a block in those conditions. And since I play my CFM in Philly I see those conditions often, even if they aren't realistic (Philly's weather really isn't that windy).
Old 12-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocked kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
In 4 games since the patch I've had 1 FG, 2 PAT's and 1 Punt blocked by the CPU or in other words an average of one block per game. I am on All-Madden and it is indeed frustrating as I can't do anything about it other then supersim it from this point forward. On the flip side I haven't blocked a single kick myself in the 100+ games I've played on this years game, I'd give anything to actually block one at this point.
I've had several blocks myself on the CPU. I use the far edge CB to do the blocking. Just hold down the sprint button at the snap and you will eventually get the slowed down screen. You aren't blocking crap if you don't get the slow-mo. I've even blocked a couple of the CPU's XP attempts. Ruined Dan Bailey's perfect XP record in my CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »