Home

CPU still running too much

This is a discussion on CPU still running too much within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #25
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU still running too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
King,

Do u still need to delete a play or formation in the custom playbooks? Is there still an issue?
They've been working fine "as is" for me and I have used a bunch...

Trojan Man has as well...

Can't imagine playing the game without them, actually...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #26
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
They've been working fine "as is" for me and I have used a bunch...

Trojan Man has as well...

Can't imagine playing the game without them, actually...

I got it working now. I need to read directions lol
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

Last edited by Milticket; 12-01-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:00 AM   #27
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

It seems even when I go to my coaching scheme and switch every position to balanced, seems to help a bit. However I do agree with some of you that say the play calling from them is bad.

When Brady throws the ball 5 times in a half but they run almost 20 times in a half uhhhh yeah....and they would be losing of course but oh well
Old 12-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #28
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Saint PB= 20/40 run/pass splits
They were pass heavy and I also shut down the run. This was on Pro level.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #29
Pro

Devaster's Arena

It doesn't even matter what playbooks the CPU uses. In general the CPU is going to run the ball over and over until they are down multiple scores in the 4th quarter. The 4th quarter down multiple scores and during the 1st half 2min drill is the only time the CPU is guaranteed to pass the ball. And they almost exclusively pass in those situations if they are down more than one score. Occasionally the throw a draw in, but never actual runs.

Way too often the CPU runs the ball on 1st down. There is no mix. So often the CPU runs on 1st and 2nd down against me and them miraculously converts 3rd down. Doing that over and over for lengthy 75 yard drives. But a lot of times it leads to easy 3-and-outs.

Just wish the coding and play-calling was more varied. Why not introduce some randomness to it? Even with suggested plays it lets you know when the CPU is going to go for it on 4th down, fake a FG, or fake a punt.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #30
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
It doesn't even matter what playbooks the CPU uses. In general the CPU is going to run the ball over and over until they are down multiple scores in the 4th quarter. The 4th quarter down multiple scores and during the 1st half 2min drill is the only time the CPU is guaranteed to pass the ball. And they almost exclusively pass in those situations if they are down more than one score. Occasionally the throw a draw in, but never actual runs.

Way too often the CPU runs the ball on 1st down. There is no mix. So often the CPU runs on 1st and 2nd down against me and them miraculously converts 3rd down. Doing that over and over for lengthy 75 yard drives. But a lot of times it leads to easy 3-and-outs.

Just wish the coding and play-calling was more varied. Why not introduce some randomness to it? Even with suggested plays it lets you know when the CPU is going to go for it on 4th down, fake a FG, or fake a punt.
With some playbooks you'll see that.
Saints Playbook had the CPU calling PA passes on 1st down when I came out in 4-4 D. I was stacking the box and the CPU called PA and got me early on.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:33 AM   #31
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Even with suggested plays it lets you know when the CPU is going to go for it on 4th down, fake a FG, or fake a punt.
Well, in real football, the defense has a very good idea if the offense is straight "going for it" on 4th down, due to the personnel group and formation, so the CPU suggesting plays to counter it is not unrealistic.

I had not noticed the suggested plays including "safe plays" or fake counters just when the CPU was planning a fake. Maybe I missed it, but I know I have been caught unawares by CPU fakes a couple of times (though, in once case, my punt block play led to a sack on the fake before the CPU could get the pass off).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »