Home

CPU still running too much

This is a discussion on CPU still running too much within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2017, 01:21 AM   #1
MVP
 
Jagsfan24's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
CPU still running too much

So since the latest update I know they fixed the cpu qb A.I but I havenít noticed much of a difference yet. Still getting qb statue sacks and on to play of it the cpu is constantly doing run run pass plays.

Do I still need to do that scheme trick to set it to balanced offense to get them to be more mixed ?
Jagsfan24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
Banned
 
NimitsTexan's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: CPU still running too much

That patch did not change CPU play calling, so if you were using non-standard playbooks before, nothing would have changed on that.

I have seen very few "statue" QB incidents, though some combos of QB traits and Playbooks are more susceptible to it than others (I have seen it most on Manning and Goff).
NimitsTexan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2017
Re: CPU still running too much

I play super-sim, key moments exclusively. The CPU pretty much never passes. I'd say 90% of their plays are runs between 3 and 5 yards. Kind of boring.

I'm going to not let it bother me, and plow through like 10 seasons, then call it a year and possibly lifetime with Madden.
pistolpete1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: CPU still running too much

Anyone test the Pass/ Run splits when the CPU is on a Pass Balanced Offensive Playbook?
I couldn't set the Pass/Run ratio when I created a coach (like you could in prior Maddens).
So changing the CPUs PB may be the way, idk yet.
I DO know that the CPU runs heavy so far in 3 preseason games. Haven't held them below 250yds running either. I'll stop them and then BOOM! THEy are off to the races! It's all or nothing.
What do we do guys? I will report back what I find
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: CPU still running too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Anyone test the Pass/ Run splits when the CPU is on a Pass Balanced Offensive Playbook?
I couldn't set the Pass/Run ratio when I created a coach (like you could in prior Maddens).
So changing the CPUs PB may be the way, idk yet.
I DO know that the CPU runs heavy so far in 3 preseason games. Haven't held them below 250yds running either. I'll stop them and then BOOM! THEy are off to the races! It's all or nothing.
What do we do guys? I will report back what I find
I think using generic playbooks would help they tend to be more balanced I know I used them last year in CFM and had varied games..
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: CPU still running too much

Bucs(Cpu) Scheme
Offense: Spread
Run: 32
Pass: 24

Not bad, if I could stop the run they should pass more, one would think.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,871
Blog Entries: 8
Re: CPU still running too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Bucs(Cpu) Scheme
Offense: Spread
Run: 32
Pass: 24

Not bad, if I could stop the run they should pass more, one would think.
Hey D81:

Was this using Pass Balanced?

Just making sure, but this was the way back in the day:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...fline-ccm.html

Make sure you check the link as well...

Anyway:

I'm thinking some combo of generics and more "pass happy" scheme settings will do the trick...
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: CPU still running too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Hey D81:

Was this using Pass Balanced?

Just making sure, but this was the way back in the day:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...fline-ccm.html

Make sure you check the link as well...

Anyway:

I'm thinking some combo of generics and more "pass happy" scheme settings will do the trick...
They've removed Pass Balanced, so
It's either of the other ones (spread, balanced, etc.)
Spread is fairly balanced if you can slow down the cpu run game.
Why is running so OP'd?
Do we need to adjust sliders to slow down the run
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Top -