Home

In-Depth: Deconstructing How Madden Awards Training XP

This is a discussion on In-Depth: Deconstructing How Madden Awards Training XP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #9
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: In-Depth: Deconstructing How Madden Awards Training XP

Any idea how they determine how much XP is given out for making the pro bowl? I've seen it be as low as 400 XP and as high as 64,000, most guys seem to get around 4000-5000. It seems like age is a factor as the guy that got the 400 was 31 and the guy that got 64,000 was 21.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Kind of cheesy but I run the 3-4 defense and I sometimes change some of my defensive ends to outside linebackers and it will help them progress even further for me. Also change my tightends I to fullbacks and they progress with my runningbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

This is great stuff. Just to piggy back on this, I wanted to know how the CPU assigns weekly game plans throughout the season. Is the CPU balancing development across positions or not?

I simmed a few seasons both in M17 and M18, and there was little if any difference between versions. The only minor difference I saw was on Defense, where in M17, LB/DL game plans were 60% of game plans, and in M18, the opposite was true (DB/LB game plans were 60%). Below is for both games. Here's what I found:

First off, the CPU only focuses on several game plans. It does not use all of them. For instance, on Defense, I don't think I ever saw Cover 1 training and I certainly NEVER saw Special Teams ones (more on that in a sec).

On offense, WR was the most trained position. On average, each team was training WRs 2x more than any other position through the season. On defense, LB is 100% of the time. The reason for the latter is because the CPU never uses any of the Special Team game plans. So every week, LBs are getting trained across all teams.

Finally, the CPU uses a non-existent game plan just called "Running" which trains WRs and HBs. It's not available for users to select.

Here are some stats I collected by position. These were all simmed. I show the position and the % chance it was trained each week in a 21-week season across all teams (pre season and regular season):

Position / % Chance Position Trained in a 21-week Season per Team
QB = 17%
RB = 13%
WR = 35%
TE = 15%
OL = 10%
K = 7%
P = 3%
------
DL = 60%*
LB = 100%
DB = 40%*

*This is for M17. In M18, these #s are flipped.

Overall, this explains why some positions might develop faster over time across the league, while others remain stubbornly low (this is true for OL in M17). This also helps in case you want to have a balanced league and shape your game planning to what the CPU does.

I'm by no means a stats guy or mathematician, so my #s could be off. Either way, I hope that some of you might find this of interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0

Really useful insight, thanks for adding it to the thread!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks dude for taking the time to write this. Iím sure it was a lot of work. I just started franchise after months of Ultimate Team. I had no clue about the depth chart positioning or the exact formula for xp given.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »