Home

Graft demonstrates the discrepancy between Madden team ratings and team's record.

This is a discussion on Graft demonstrates the discrepancy between Madden team ratings and team's record. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Graph demonstrates the discrepancy between Madden team ratings and team's record.

After ten games. Its even worse after 11
Top 5 Overrated

5. Cowboys
Record: 5-5
Rating: 87

4. Bills
Record: 5-5
Rating: 88

3. Texans
Record: 4-5
Rating: 86

2. Seahawks
Records: 6-4
Rating: 90

1. The Broncos
Record: 3-7
Rating: 84

Top 5 Underrated

5. Saints
Record: 8-2
Rating: 87

4. Steelers
Record: 8-2
Rating: 86

3. Cardinals
Record: 4-6
Rating: 77

2. Titans
Record: 6-4
Rating: 81

1. Panthers
Record: 7-3
Rating: 82

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 11-29-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Re: Graft demonstrates the discrepancy between Madden team ratings and team's record.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Graft demonstrates the discrepancy between Madden team ratings and team's record.

you mean 'graph' in your thread title.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Eagles were still a high 70's team until the last couple weeks somehow. And Jalen Mills who is a Pro Bowl caliber CB is still in the mid 70's and the same rating as Sidney Jones who hasn't played yet...
Old 11-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I a do not really see this as a problem. Teams under- or over-perform their "true" talent all the time. Taking Dallas for an example: while it might be true that they are not quite as good as their 13-3 record in 2016, it is probably also true they are not as bad as their 5-6 record this year. Again, taking Dallas specifically, in the last three losses in real life, they have had multiple Madden 90+ players out, players that probably still contribute to the overall of the Madden Cowboys (and players, had they not been suspended and/or remained healthy, might very well have had the Cowboys at 7-4 or 8-3).

Rather, I wish Madden would do a better job of incorporating a player's performance across his pro career (and, given the relative brevity of NFL careers, probably his NCAA time as well), instead of dramatically re-rating players based on 6, 8, or even 10 games of a single season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #6
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

I find it hard to believe Texans are an 86 unless it's counting JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilus, Deshaun Watson, Will Fuller, and the various other starters who have been hurt this season.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 11-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #7
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I find it hard to believe Texans are an 86 unless it's counting JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilus, Deshaun Watson, Will Fuller, and the various other starters who have been hurt this season.
The Texans are interesting. They are an 86 without those players however in the video I argue that the Texans are not overrated. When I studied the top five underrated/overrated teams I could see examples in the player ratings for every team including the Texans but the Texans also have just as many players that were arguably underrated so I see the Texans as a team that is generally rated correctly or close enough. Its the other teams that are overrated or underrated by comparison to the Texans.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I a do not really see this as a problem. Teams under- or over-perform their "true" talent all the time. Taking Dallas for an example: while it might be true that they are not quite as good as their 13-3 record in 2016, it is probably also true they are not as bad as their 5-6 record this year. Again, taking Dallas specifically, in the last three losses in real life, they have had multiple Madden 90+ players out, players that probably still contribute to the overall of the Madden Cowboys (and players, had they not been suspended and/or remained healthy, might very well have had the Cowboys at 7-4 or 8-3).
Most of the major injuries are factored. When I look at the Cowboy roster I see Dez Bryant with a questionable 90, Tyron Smith with a 'hmmmm' 87 and a bunch of overrated CBs. Its maybe 1 or 2 points of team overall which isn't much however it would knock them out of the top five welcoming in the Chiefs. A win tomorrow might do the same.

I'm doing a graph for NBA 2k18 and so far its much worse than Madden .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »