Home

O-Line Cohesion?

This is a discussion on O-Line Cohesion? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
O-Line Cohesion?

I thought i remembered EA stating earlier that there would be O-Line cohesion of some sort? Something along the lines of how good/strong they were as a unit.

Is this physically displayed some place in your CFM? I just don't recall ever seeing it, and would like to know where they stand as a unit.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: O-Line Cohesion?

I think it has to do with AWR. You take the AWR of your OL, take out the highest rated person, and, you know what, screw it.

Straight from the blog

Quote:
Offensive Line Unit Awareness

In addition to new pass protection tools, another common ask is about offensive line chemistry and awareness as a unit. In Madden 18, the aggregate awareness of the whole O-line will now impact their ability to recognize and pick up blitzes. The higher the average awareness rating of the offensive line as a unit, the better they will be at recognizing and reacting to blitzes that come up over the course of a game, including the always tough zone blitz schemes our players like to create by dropping defensive linemen into coverage while bringing heat off the edge.

This feature starts to activate when the average awareness score of the five offensive linemen reaches 80. The ability to recognize blitzes scales. An 80-rated O-line will be able recognize heat about five percent of the time, whereas an O-line averaging 97 or higher in awareness will recognize the pressure on almost every single pass play.

But there’s a catch. Any offensive lineman will tell you that the unit is only as good as it’s center. Thus, the Center’s awareness rating counts 2X relative to everybody else, and his rating will modify the total average up or down by replacing the AWR rating of the lowest rated lineman in the unit. If you want your O-line to play together and recognize those heaters in protection, you’re going to want to make sure you have that critical cog in the middle who can get his linemates on the same page.

This extends to running backs when in protection. While not being calculated as part of the O-line’s AWR score, any pass blocking RB will have the same ability to recognize a blitz and react to it faster as his awareness score increases.

The unit awareness in Madden 18 will make it critical to pay up for the AWR rating in MUT Salary Cap, keep your O-line strong in MUT Ranked and MUT Draft, and to stay on top of AWR progression in Franchise mode or suffer the consequences of having a unit that is not on the same page when picking up blitzes.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Right on, thanks.

I wish it would physically show the chemistry so you knew exactly where it stands.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Would be fun and one of the actual good uses of confidence if an OL that remained unchanged or 4/5 had their ratings go up via confidence each week and kept all or most of their confidence season-to-season.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 12-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Would be fun and one of the actual good uses of confidence if an OL that remained unchanged or 4/5 had their ratings go up via confidence each week and kept all or most of their confidence season-to-season.

This guy gets it.

Year over year consistency should have the same effect as confidence over 70 (independently or in addition to confidence)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I think it has to do with AWR. You take the AWR of your OL, take out the highest rated person, and, you know what, screw it.

Straight from the blog
Thanks for sharing this. Had no idea this existed. Any other nuggets like this?
Old 12-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Never knew this existed and completely explains why my Oline went to s*** after I traded my starting center year 3 to start a rook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »