Home

What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What would prevent you from buying Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #97
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

The only reason I’ve even bought madden the past 3 years has been because of the insane Sim league i’m in. The game is not even close to a true football simulation but having 30+ guys who share the same mindset in replicating the NFL with what EA gives us is what keeps me around. Having to handicap yourself just to play a game of football without stupidness is frustrating. And what makes it worse is Rex and Clint and the gang make it seem like they are working hard to give everyone what they want, including the sim side, yet their time ends up being focused on MUT and that crowd. After reading pages and pages of blogs detailing multiple fixes and improvements to legacy and current issues, only to see that not only close to none of those issues were fixed but some were made even worse is pathetic coming from such a huge company. Who’s fault is it ? I have no idea. Maybe clint and the guys truly do want a real football sim but the suits don’t want them wasting money on it. I don’t know. Either way they get their money.

If M19 is handled the same way as M18 i’ll be perfectly fine not getting the game. But we all know how this is going to go. It’s the same old 3-year cycle. M19 will probably actually touch on a solid amount of what needed to be fixed. Get a couple CFM features to make it look pretty and then a month or two into the new season they’ll slowly patch it back to arcade gameplay for the MUT tournaments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #98
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe we have to get it early, then unplug the PS4 from the internet from about Week 4 till after the playoffs . . .
Old 12-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #99
Rookie

I will not be buying it until/unless I see a consensus on the forum that it's worth getting. If it's just more MUT crap and no improvements to sim gameplay and CFM, I won't touch it.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #100
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
I will not be buying it until/unless I see a consensus on the forum that it's worth getting. If it's just more MUT crap and no improvements to sim gameplay and CFM, I won't touch it.
I will definitely listen to what everyone says here at OS. What really worries me, is that it could be put out as "the best Madden ever", and a couple patches later..... here we go again. I'm really leaning on not getting it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #101
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I've played each of the last 3 Madden's enough recently to just add to my confusion. I really think AI has gotten worse since '16.At least qbs scramble again,unlike last year but with '16 I have to live without full player editing and a few desirable features.

It's so give and take and shouldn't be this way. I've normally waited and don't spend more than $30 for Madden but am certainly at the point of not caring enough to go through this year after year. I'd be more satisfied going on with a franchise longer or playing with historic rosters,when football was better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #102
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

To answer the question in the thread title, the only thing that would prevent me from purchasing Madden 19 is if the NFL cancelled the 2018 season. EA has it planned to perfection: the combination of the NFL Preseason hype, fantasy football draft(s), and the fact that this is the only NFL game on the market creates a perfect storm for gamers like myself to forgive & forget about the stale nature of their football offering. To me, it'd be much better if they released Madden a few weeks earlier than their usual late-August release. I typically play Madden religiously upon its release for a good two weeks, which coincides with Week 1 of the regular season. Once the season begins and I start watching the real NFL, I realize that the game does a poor job of replicating what is actually being played on Sundays.

I guess sports gaming (and sports in general) is my vice. Oh well

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 12-30-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #103
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'll look at the progress as we get closer and make a decision then.
They, at the minimum, have to add to CFM.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #104
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
LOL, well most of these guys will buy it anyways even if it isnt much of an improvement. I never buy it ever year. Ive skipped it for many years at a time. I have 2017 and didnt buy 2018. I like many things about 17 but i havent had a newer one since 2013 and then 2010 before that. I like being able to edit things such as players and salaries. Dont like how you cant play the Pro Bowl or how it dont show probowl voting during the season.

EA doesnt care what we want. It is mind boggling how they continue to have glitches and leave out important things. You would think they would have it down after all these years of making the game. Its a shame that nobody else can make a NFL game to compete and have a great game. Its still fun to play but it could be better.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 12-31-2017 at 04:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »