Home

What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What would prevent you from buying Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #105
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I've played each of the last 3 Madden's enough recently to just add to my confusion. I really think AI has gotten worse since '16.At least qbs scramble again,unlike last year but with '16 I have to live without full player editing and a few desirable features.

It's so give and take and shouldn't be this way. I've normally waited and don't spend more than $30 for Madden but am certainly at the point of not caring enough to go through this year after year. I'd be more satisfied going on with a franchise longer or playing with historic rosters,when football was better.
In the same boat my man. Madden 16 is great as far as AI....but it is missing some great new features from 17 and now 18. But despite that I can still play it and have a blast.

I am waiting for 18 to be patched again because I loved it after 1.07.

This is no doubt my last Madden on the PS4 cycle. I have lost the faith.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #106
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

At the moment, Madden 18 will prevent me from buying 19. Even if they add everything I could ever imagine adding to the game, I'm going to need to wait for others to play it and get their feedback before I'll buy it so that I know everything they adding is functioning properly. If it does play well out of the box the first thing I'm doing is disconnecting my ps4 from the internet so I don't have to worry about patches making the game worse like the last one
Old 01-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #107
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4

Nothing at all. Buy it every year.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #108
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

^What he said. I told myself I wasn't gonna buy it this year after reading franchise was pretty much the same (again). Of course I got the football itch and it was on sale for $23.99. I'm glad I did it. Franchise might be meh, but it's really fun to play. Looks gorgeous too.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #109
Pro

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
In the same boat my man. Madden 16 is great as far as AI....but it is missing some great new features from 17 and now 18. But despite that I can still play it and have a blast.

I am waiting for 18 to be patched again because I loved it after 1.07.

This is no doubt my last Madden on the PS4 cycle. I have lost the faith.

I too will be sitting out on anymore Madden releases as this one has been the straw that has broken the camels back. I have went to midnight releases for years now, and taken days off to play it after release. It really is a shame!!! Madden and The Show have always been the two titles I have chomped at the bit to get, and to get early if possible as long as it didn't cost way to much. Sucks to even type this, but it is what it is.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #110
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk6663
Nothing at all. Buy it every year.
LOL, and Driv3r and Big Rigs Over the Road Racing are 10/10 games. Buy them now!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #111
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

im now at the stage of what will make me buy madden 19.

i don't need to list them...we all know what ppl want as far as gameplay...franchise.. presentation...control changes.

right now there is a 0% chance i buy madden 19. ncaa 14 is better.

if they withhold video again like last year...it still stay at 0.

if they make more claims and promises that turn out to be lies ( sim mode, penalties) it will stay at 0

if they leave franchise mode as is and also keep an xp based progression system tied to drive goals...it will stay at 0.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #112
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Think at this stage I'm more likely to pass then to buy.

What would solidify me not buying is quite simple -- if franchise mode does not get a makeover and include the features I want. My fear and belief at this point is that we will get largely the same mode with a new gimmick feature and one or two requested features that may or may not be implemented to my satisfaction, e.g. assistant coaches that only add points to attributes instead of affecting AI behavior and tendencies.

I passed on Madden I think 2 releases ago, and damn near passed this year. Passing on Madden is easier now than it ever has been because my steam backlog is huge and my interest in the NFL is lower than it ever has been. This was the first time in nearly 20 years that I did not even watch every Ravens game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »