Home

What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What would prevent you from buying Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

Im seriously think about not buying madden. Im a franchise type guy and I hate having the same bland franchise every year. Use some of that MUT money and make franchise great again
Old 01-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #114
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have been playing Madden 16 and it is great. It does not have the off-ball injuries, or practices squads....but man the AI plays better than any Madden game ever made, itís smooth and it works.

I am using some classic rosters (ITeachpercussionís 1986 and 1999 and JohnEKools 1990) and I am having so much fun.

Itís night and day from the mess we have with M18.

It also has made me fully realize how much offline CPU AI went backwards on 17 and now even more on 18. Even after patch 1.07 which tuned CPU QB AI....it still felt wonky.

16 just feels right. And it is the best Madden game they ever produced. Just do it. It is dirt cheap.

I am done purchasing Madden this generation. Absolutely done.
What sliders are you using? I'm thinking of installing it? Also your 2k18 sliders the Gold v1 are outstanding.

https://youtube.com/c/DaquietStormSGZ
Old 01-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #115
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Every year Madden sees the same cycle, usually ending in its' release at the end of August before the much anticipated NFL season kicks off.

Typically a few months before that, EA will start releasing information and new additions in the game to get fans pumped.

And even preceding that are fans making their wishlist and holding out for the "next big thing"...

This year for Madden 18, it was a little different with things like:

1. The addition of the much anticipated Frostbite Engine

2. The huge emphasis on not showing any game play until a few weeks prior

3. No demo (nothing new)

4. The releasing of information really close to the release

5. The new "linear story" of Longshot

The reason for these is left unknown, yet in the end we were given Madden 18.

Since the release of Madden, EA has received a ton of criticism, and even petitions for them to lose their license for certain titles, and even boycott the company entirely.

With all of the event that have taken place and having hands on experience with Madden 18, my questions are:

What would prevent you from purchasing Madden 19?

or

What would it take for you to purchase Madden 19?
Madden 18 was the first madden I've skipped in my life. The bugs at launch were apparent and when I heard about the "robot qb" that didn't respond to pressure, I really had no interest in moving up from 17 which I thought solid. 19 can't have those type of obvious bugs out of the box on launch. I will go 2 years in a row if I come here and see the backlash. I normally don't approve of backlashing a game like that, but it seemed like it was well deserved. The game was unfinished. And if 19 is at launch, no way am I buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #116
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'll do the same thing I've done the past couple of years, which is play the 10-hour trial on EA Access and then wait for the game to hit the vault.
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 01-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #117
Rookie

KrisMarina's Arena

Currently enjoying a Franchise in 18 but the lack of depth overall in CFM is shocking, if improvements aren't made in this area, I won't be purchasing.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #118
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Madden 18

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 3
What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

I'll follow reaction on this forum and some YouTube videos. I got a PS4 in August and had planned to get 18. Reaction was pretty mixed though. Nothing I heard made me want to run out and get the game. Madden 17 seemed to be better received so I bought it. I'm content to stay with 17 if 19 isn't up to par. I'm an offline player so I don't get my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 01-23-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:37 AM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I'll follow reaction on this forum and some YouTube videos. I got a PS4 in August and had planned to get 18. Reaction was pretty mixed though. Nothing I heard made me want to run out and get the game. Madden 17 seemed to be better received so I bought it. I'm content to stay with 17 if 19 isn't up to par. I'm an offline player so I don't get my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You may want to wait a few weeks or months for the issues to be found. Usually, the reactions here are mostly positive....until the honeymoon is over. Then you get the truth of what the game is. Also, the past 2 years, patches have radically changed the game for the worse, until the tourneys are over, then things seem to get fixed for the CFM crowd.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »