Home

What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

This is a discussion on What would prevent you from buying Madden 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What would prevent you from buying Madden 19?

Yeah, that’s what the publishers of the 4th best selling video game on the market are asking. You better hope not, anyway.

Because the reason is that it’s the best MyPlayer mode in any game, and basketball is the perfect sport for players to use their created players online.

The answer really would be 7 on 7 sandlot football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Or perhaps, and we've had this discussion before, NBA is more popular world wide vs football only having interest in North America.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Or perhaps, and we've had this discussion before, NBA is more popular world wide vs football only having interest in North America.
Sorry, roadman while the nba may have a world wide audience larger than the nfl, nba2k18 still outsells madden in the U.S. EA should be asking themselves why. The NFL is about a third of americans favorite sport while the NBA is down around 5%. That is over six times a larger fan base. There is a huge missed opportunity by EA in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #52
Rookie

Not sure how legit this site is, I'm not going to pull my hair out over researching this.

1.55 Million copies of Madden sold in North America

1.63 Million copies of 2K sold in the North America

2K xbox sales
2K playstation sales
Madden 18 xbox sales
Madden 18 playstation sales

Google is a friend, y'all.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970

Sorry, roadman while the nba may have a world wide audience larger than the nfl, nba2k18 still outsells madden in the U.S. EA should be asking themselves why. The NFL is about a third of americans favorite sport while the NBA is down around 5%. That is over six times a larger fan base. There is a huge missed opportunity by EA in this game.
There is no need to apologize. Toupal stated "on the market." To me, that takes into consideration WW.

I was going off from a few years ago when NBA outsold NFL WW vs WW, those numbers can't be disputed, and like Thunder presented above, NBA has a slight advantage in NA, and those #'s can't be disputed, either. The site above does not consider digital sales, only retail.

I'm just trying to provide some factors as to why NBA is outselling Madden besides what people might feel is the obvious. This topic has also been beaten here at OS.

My point still stands, NBA has a much broader appeal than the NFL and that has always been the case.

And, NBA also a better appeal with the Parks online. And, we don't know the tally of digital sales, either, but I am sure they don't tell much difference.

Last edited by roadman; 12-16-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is no need to apologize. Toupal stated "on the market." To me, that takes into consideration WW.

I was going off from a few years ago when NBA outsold NFL WW vs WW, those numbers can't be disputed, and like Thunder presented above, NBA has a slight advantage in NA, and those #'s can't be disputed, either. The site above does not consider digital sales, only retail.

I'm just trying to provide some factors as to why NBA is outselling Madden besides what people might feel is the obvious. This topic has also been beaten here at OS.

My point still stands, NBA has a much broader appeal than the NFL and that has always been the case.

And, NBA also a better appeal with the Parks online. And, we don't know the tally of digital sales, either, but I am sure they don't tell much difference.
I think people are just looking for any reason to hope that EA might alter the development methodology for Madden, but in all honesty a lot of the threads here that discuss the future of the game are just academic/venting.

This statement seems absurd on its face but it's true nonetheless: we lost the war, but we can still win some battles. That doesn't work for some people so they opt out, but I'm still going to fight the good fight even if we're consigned to the Bronze Medal from jump street.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #55
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Something to consider:

VentureBeat: November 2017 NPD

You are asking them to alter the direction of the franchise when it is selling phenomenally well. It doesn't matter if you think they deserve the sales. EA is in business to make money, not make sure a bunch of old farts on a sports forum can have the simulation game of their dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Your absolutely right. I don’t expect much of a change that addresses the way I like to play. I just won’t buy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Despite being critical of Madden, I don't knock EA too much. They are going in a different direction, as it stands today, then what I would like to see in my video football game. Hopefully things get ironed out with simulation mode. Hopefully. If not, we don't buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 02:39 AM   #56
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I haven't bought M18 and just started playing M17 again and I'm actually pretty fine with it. There were no Franchise Mode changes and I wasn't expecting much from Frostbite (which seems to have it's own issues now) so I really didn't see a reason to get M18. I'll do the same if no Franchise changes are made or at least more significant gameplay changes can be seen in future gameplay videos (not just advertised about lol).

Madden REALLY needs a 2 year cycle to help be the powerhouse it should be. I think the team they have is really trying for the most part, but a lot is out of their control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »