Home

Why controller select is locked?

This is a discussion on Why controller select is locked? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
Rookie
 
cuoreceltico's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Why controller select is locked?

I never see anyone talking about this, and seem to me that in the past was not locked maybe since last 3-4 years. Anyone can answer me why the controller select in human vs human cfm game is locked? This is so annoying because you can't save a game and resume it because when you resume it you can no longer have two controllers selection.
__________________
Why so serious??
cuoreceltico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie
 
cuoreceltico's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Why controller select is locked?

No one interested in it? Come on! I' m the only one that think that it is very annoying?
__________________
Why so serious??
cuoreceltico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Why controller select is locked?

Been saying the same thing for years. They don't care.

Sometimes I like switching up teams midgame because I just want to play a game between two teams and don't care who wins.

But Madden doesn't understand sometimes I want to play my way and took it out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
TheRizzzle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #4
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Why controller select is locked?

They probably just never considered it, and by now it's probably too much of a hassle for them to fix.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.
 
Cardot's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Slider Hell
Posts: 6,107
Re: Why controller select is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
They probably just never considered it, and by now it's probably too much of a hassle for them to fix.
I think you are right. That being said, it seems like a pretty simple thing that should have been considered in the design phase. With EA games over the years, I have often had the feeling that they already have in mind the way they want me to play the game, and don't allow flexibility/options to play another way.

On a related note, one thing I have always though would be cool (and I probably am alone on this), is an option so that user control would automatically switch teams with each possession. So I could play a game by myself between teams controlling the offense (or defense) of each team without manually have to change it each time.
Cardot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Why controller select is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
I never see anyone talking about this, and seem to me that in the past was not locked maybe since last 3-4 years. Anyone can answer me why the controller select in human vs human cfm game is locked? This is so annoying because you can't save a game and resume it because when you resume it you can no longer have two controllers selection.

This is one of my biggest annoyances. Prevents me from even playing CFM because I don't really like playing the CPU....would rather play CFM with a buddy and "user" the opposing team. I would argue that they need to give us the ability to send a friends invite from the controller select screen so the games could be played online. But I've grown to believe that will never happen. And as a result, I'll never play CFM. Which is sad because it would be so cool.
misterkrabz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,606
Re: Why controller select is locked?

Madden is strongly designed as an online head-to-head game in franchise and this has been the case since M13. I assume, then, that the concepts of "user" and "team" are very tightly coupled. So when a user is assigned to a particular controller (by the console) and a team (by the game), the game just locks that controller to that team at team select, because that particular user may only control the team he is assigned to.

This behavior makes very obvious sense in an online head-to-head setting - there's no reason why I should be able to control my opponent's team in that context.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Why controller select is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Madden is strongly designed as an online head-to-head game in franchise and this has been the case since M13. I assume, then, that the concepts of "user" and "team" are very tightly coupled. So when a user is assigned to a particular controller (by the console) and a team (by the game), the game just locks that controller to that team at team select, because that particular user may only control the team he is assigned to.

This behavior makes very obvious sense in an online head-to-head setting - there's no reason why I should be able to control my opponent's team in that context.
No one is suggesting giving someone to ability to control another user controlled team. The "ask" is to give us the ability to user control a cpu controlled team so we don't have to play the AI in when playing non-human controlled teams in CFM. You can do it in "Season" mode but not CFM (the controller select screen is locked). The problem with Season mode is you have to "Share Screen" if your buddy is not sitting next to you (to make what we're suggesting work), which also sucks.
misterkrabz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Top -