Home

New patch broke run blocking. User Pancakes everywhere

This is a discussion on New patch broke run blocking. User Pancakes everywhere within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New patch broke run blocking. User Pancakes everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It's very sporadic. The first time I saw it, it seemed to happen every time I handed the ball off, my HB ran for 355 yards and 6 TDs vs Seattle. Ever since then I only see it once every few games
It`s not happening everytime but with 1 or 2 times per game i feel i`m cheating. Score a 50+yds because of this and won the game. Felt cheap

Before the patch this was not happening.

Why having simulation and competitive if we are still having to deal with "bandaids" for competitive online players?

even my WR get getting pancakes now
Old 12-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #10
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Still happening without Weak Box, CPU came out in 4-4 against my 12 personal at my 2 yard line.. and still pancaked..sent video to Clint..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
i also confirm it happens against weak or strong box, dont matter to this game. Ive had it happen to me in 4-3,3-4, 4-4 , 5-2, 4-6 ....... and not not always when pass committ was picked, which is a whole other issue to me .

Ive seen this happen when even not picking pass committ and having the box stacked . But here is my thing also. Why is it if i pick pass committ , does that auto = flattening my dline entirely just because of that if they run the ball? That makes 0 sense in a real football sense. Just because my d is looking to defend a pass play , does not mean my dline just decides they are gonna go limp at the snap of the play and do nothing. No, they would still be jumping off the block at the snap trying hard to get to the qb( get in backfield) . So it literally makes 0 sense at all.

The worst part of this to me is, now i can even adjust my d to play underneath, or outside ( as a group ) because its not an option unless you pick pass committ( outside of picking each db and highlighting a wr, then doing it, but how has time to do all their dbs before snap??). So just taking away even more options for me on defense, just to make sure the guy im playing dont have a run play picked and get an auto 10 yards because my dline is all laying on their backs at snap.

Fix the real issues, instead of trying to add in band aid fixes that only creates even worse problems.One step forward, two back, every single time it seems.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 12-10-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #11
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Pass commit should mean go after the QB and don't bite on playaction, nothing more nothing less. If it can't do that then take it out of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #12
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Pass commit should mean go after the QB and don't bite on playaction, nothing more nothing less. If it can't do that then take it out of the game

This. And it should only be used on ďobviousĒ passing downs, hence the high risk-reward (pancakes). I donít understand why the cpu would call it on anything other than third and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Happens to me every game. 2-5 times a game.

It really feels cheap to get a crucial 1st down or touchdown and win the game because the game decided to make the defense pretty much none existent for whatever reason.

I really don't feel like they test their patches at all.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:39 AM   #14
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Havenít happened to me not once, before or after any of the patches, as a 100% Offliner.

I use default sliders and default playbooks with only player ratings edits.

Curious as to why itís not happening to everyone.
I've seen it once in about 3 dozen games.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I see it two or three times a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2017, 10:30 AM   #16
MVP

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Pancake blocks are definitely an issue for me now in offline play. The last 3 games I've seen a total of 34 user pancake blocks and have ran touchdowns of 78, 85, 66, and 80 yards. No doubt in my mind that these runs were a result of the pancakes. Prior to this patch I only had a few TD runs over 50 yards. What's weird is that in the first two games after the patch I only saw about 8 pancakes total. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. It really has messed up the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »