Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #105
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You are assuming once again another level of control. I am, in my example, assuming that the people at the VERY TOP decide they want a truly great football game and are willing to sacrifice some of their profit to get it.

Everyone wants to compete in the market. But some people are motivated by more than that. There are games where more effort and resources are put in that is justified by the expected financial returns (and sometimes that results in much greater returns than anticipated- example: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. They made that game because they loved what they were creating, and they NEVER expected it to sell as many copies as it did, yet they poured their lives into it). That is undeniable. What if Madden were one of those games?

Apologies. I misunderstood in part because I’m jaded and a pessimist. I can’t fathom a world that isn’t motivated by profit.

I do appreciate the chivalry comment. I may look into purchasing it. Looks good.

To directly respond to your comment. Yes it would be awesome if madden was made by an independent studio of football fans who inherited a fortune or didn’t care for money.

I would love it if an Independent studio made a pro football game. Similar to Torn Banner Studios. The thing is, they poured their soul into it and raised money via Kickstarter. Donations and just gifts help make that game. That would be the equivalent of many of the people who constantly pass on madden all of a sudden pre-ordering a copy after EA saying “trust me. Cfm will be awesome. We swear”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #106
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Apologies. I misunderstood in part because I’m jaded and a pessimist. I can’t fathom a world that isn’t motivated by profit.

I do appreciate the chivalry comment. I may look into purchasing it. Looks good.

To directly respond to your comment. Yes it would be awesome if madden was made by an independent studio of football fans who inherited a fortune or didn’t care for money.

I would love it if an Independent studio made a pro football game. Similar to Torn Banner Studios. The thing is, they poured their soul into it and raised money via Kickstarter. Donations and just gifts help make that game. That would be the equivalent of many of the people who constantly pass on madden all of a sudden pre-ordering a copy after EA saying “trust me. Cfm will be awesome. We swear”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's unrealistic. But I'm talking just hypothetically.

Regarding Chivalry, it's one of the funnest games I've ever played (but only get it for PC; the console ports are inferior and no one plays them. This game requires lots of people). It is sheer madness and laughs. The culture is so freaking hilarious that the entertainment value never ends.

The real magic is that the player has the ability to yell out pre-recorded dialogue, and of course the community has taken full advantage of it. It's like Monty Python meets internet memes. Pure comedic glory.

More info:

How 'Chivalry: Medieval Warfare' Wound Up an Unlikely Comedic Masterpiece

It can be pretty epic (the game is not choppy like this, not sure if it's his video uploading or just that he has a crap tier computer, or just high ping):

Even the glitches play into the humor.

Some of that stuff has since been fixed ^^ but there are still so many hysterical things about this game, in addition to the really intense combat moments. Also they took out mic chat, but you don't need it with the huge array of in game dialogue options.

Some examples of the dialogue available.

So stupid and hilarious.

Other hilarious shananigans

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 12-23-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #107
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
This, one hundred times this. Thing is, John White was a computer science major at Georgia Tech, so I'm sure he's got the necessary math skills, or at least the ability to learn it.
Kind of a false equivalency. Yes, a computer science major must be capable of applying certain types of math, but mostly the highly intuitive fields (as computer logic tends to be intuitive). Statistical analysis and probabilities are a totally different beast. Sociology or Psychology would actually be a better background for those things, as they really do focus on those types of math.

Someone with a background in both tabletop gaming (D&D, etc.) and sports gambling would be best, honestly:P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »