Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #25
MVP
 
cusefan74's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chittenango,NY
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Like I said before, I don't think MUT has ruined Madden, but it has most definitely effected franchise mode and that's obvious. When there are no improvements to that mode for several years, you can't deny there is an issue going on.

My problem right now is with the people that work on Madden. They do an interview and say "yes we know what the problems are, we know what the legacy problems are and we have a plan to fix them." Well ok, that's good. When? Because we have had the same problems for years and they have not been addressed.

Then when asked about CFM and how people think they are ignoring that part of the game, they turn around and say "No we are not ignoring that part of the game, over 60% of people play CFM." Either they are liars about the numbers and just say that to make the sim crowd happy or they just don't give a crap about those people, because nothing has been done with it.

So saying MUT does not effect franchise mode is insane, because MUT gets lots of improvements each year. I understand they make a ton of money from MUT and that's fine, good for them, but don't sit there and tell me franchise mode is not being ignored, but nothing changes in it.
cusefan74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #26
Pro
 
triplechin's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Ultimately it is just frustrating that EA have the exclusive license.

MUT would be fine if they also gave attention to CFM as others have said, but them having MUT allows them to get away with a poor franchise mode. This doesn't mean MUT ruined franchise, but it has opened the pathway for that to happen. I guess it is misguided frustration because if MUT brought money in that was being spent to make franchise better, then all the CFM guys would be ecstatic with MUT. I think it ultimately falls on EA that they are putting out this product and they have the license so nothing can be done about it. That is why it is frustrating and why MUT gets thrown under the bus all the time
__________________
51 & 55

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
triplechin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #27
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Wow, some people here just cannot stand to hear opposing opinions and viewpoints without calling it agenda posting. It's hilarious that anyone would get so defensive of a company that doesn't give 2 ****s about you as a customer.
Anyway, MUT absolutely has had a negative on franchise, as less and less resources have been put into CFM almost completely based on revenue from MUT. The more money MUT has brought in since it's inception, the less has gone to CFM...there is absolutely a direct correlation between the two.
I HATE MUT, because I want a better CFM, and MUT is the reason that won't happen...pretty easy to understand.
None of this means we don't understand how businesses operate...we just think in this particular case, it sucks, because we've suffered a personal loss because of it. That's not "agenda posting" in any way, shape or form.
I hate that term...it's been used to death on these forums as a way to discredit and shut down anyone who dislikes aspects of Madden.
I thought these forums were for all viewpoints, as long as they were presented properly....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 AM   #28
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,730
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Not from the same poster every 3 or 4 days, though.

- Agenda Posting - This is, and always has been, a grey area. We love posters that use constructive view points to help make games better for other users. But there are times posters get hung up one topic, and take it to every thread in a forum as a way to get 'noticed'. This can be positive views and negative ones. Don't like that NBA 2K's servers have issues? Post about it, then let it go. Don't post about it every day in separate threads. Do you really enjoy MLB The Show's bullpen management? Good. But don't blindly defend the game until you are blue in the face to people that have valid concerns.

The mod that brought up agenda posting provided several links the OP started.

Normally, you don't question mods suggestions in a thread, if you have issues with with way the situation is being handled or how this site is run, PM the mod that brought it up.

On topic, yes, from a outsider looking in, one could infer that MUT and lack of major improvements for CFM are directly related, however, difficult to prove for 100% certainty because we don't work for or at EA.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #29
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,570
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Then when asked about CFM and how people think they are ignoring that part of the game, they turn around and say "No we are not ignoring that part of the game, over 60% of people play CFM." Either they are liars about the numbers and just say that to make the sim crowd happy or they just don't give a crap about those people, because nothing has been done with it.
There's a third option in there that they actually are making franchise mode better but the additions haven't been what you wanted to see.

Many of the major additions and changes over the past few years - Things To Do, Play The Moments, rebuilt Scouting, Weekly Training, Play Now Live, etc. etc. - each focus more on newer Madden players than experienced ones. These features absolutely were built where they did not exist before, and they each made Franchise a better experience. It can also be true that these things aren't what a community like this one wants to see in the game.

My point is that Tiburon neither making up numbers nor are they lying to you just to make you quiet down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Anyway, MUT absolutely has had a negative on franchise, as less and less resources have been put into CFM almost completely based on revenue from MUT. The more money MUT has brought in since it's inception, the less has gone to CFM...there is absolutely a direct correlation between the two.
This is an uninformed and agenda-driven assumption. From an engineering perspective, MUT has little to zero day-to-day impact on Franchise.

Compared to Franchise, MUT requires very little engineering support (especially post-launch) as it was built as a content-driven mode from the get-go. A great deal of the work on MUT is in daily and weekly content drops; that is, designers (not engineers) regularly building and delivering new cards to collect, new sets to complete, new packs to buy, new daily and weekly challenges to play, new promotional events in which to participate, etc. etc. Unlike new features in Franchise, these content refreshes don't require building new screens, adding to or extending databases, building new network requests and callbacks, or any other significant engineering tasks. It's just data packaged together with various internal tools delivered into a game client and server which already knows how to handle that data.

By comparison, if you want to get some cool new feature into online Franchise, you've got to go through all the traditional engineering rigamarole. It's a much bigger and a much different type of effort than that which is needed to drive MUT.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:04 AM   #30
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There's a third option in there that they actually are making franchise mode better but the additions haven't been what you wanted to see.

Many of the major additions and changes over the past few years - Things To Do, Play The Moments, rebuilt Scouting, Weekly Training, Play Now Live, etc. etc. - each focus more on newer Madden players than experienced ones. These features absolutely were built where they did not exist before, and they each made Franchise a better experience. It can also be true that these things aren't what a community like this one wants to see in the game.

My point is that Tiburon neither making up numbers nor are they lying to you just to make you quiet down.



This is an uninformed and agenda-driven assumption. From an engineering perspective, MUT has little to zero day-to-day impact on Franchise.

Compared to Franchise, MUT requires very little engineering support (especially post-launch) as it was built as a content-driven mode from the get-go. A great deal of the work on MUT is in daily and weekly content drops; that is, designers (not engineers) regularly building and delivering new cards to collect, new sets to complete, new packs to buy, new daily and weekly challenges to play, new promotional events in which to participate, etc. etc. Unlike new features in Franchise, these content refreshes don't require building new screens, adding to or extending databases, building new network requests and callbacks, or any other significant engineering tasks. It's just data packaged together with various internal tools delivered into a game client and server which already knows how to handle that data.

By comparison, if you want to get some cool new feature into online Franchise, you've got to go through all the traditional engineering rigamarole. It's a much bigger and a much different type of effort than that which is needed to drive MUT.
You're response doesn't surprise me, as it's exactly what I referenced lol.
The point remains, EA doesn't see the need or the benefit any longer in using resources to improve a horrible, bland, and lifeless CFM because their bread is buttered by MUT. You can spin in any way you want, but this is pretty clear to anyone who doesn't benefit by defending it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:06 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame
 
redsox4evur's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Oh, and let's not dishonestly pretend that Franchise literally received zero changes for M18, either. It may not be what you wanted, but speaking as someone who has run multiplayer online franchises in both games, it's my opinion M18's franchise experience is indeed an obvious - if only iterative - improvement over M17's.
Also Mills noticed and pointed this out during his stream, but they made great improvements to the players coming out of the draft and their stats, IMO. Now they have good physical stats and catching but are lacking in the mental areas (ie Play rec, Awareness). The example we talked about release weekend was with WR, take a look at nearly every WR that is in a draft class and tell me what their 2 weakest attributes are (in the 8 or so listed on that first page). They are awareness, and route running. And what would you say are a rookie WR's 2 worst qualities coming into the league? I would say ability to run a crisp perfectly run route every game and their awareness to the game and situations. And I don't think I have seen anyone else bring this up (outside of those who I have seen in Mills streams).
__________________
Follow me on Twitter
redsox4evur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 AM   #32
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,570
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
You're response doesn't surprise me, as it's exactly what I referenced lol.

The point remains, EA doesn't see the need or the benefit any longer in using resources to improve a horrible, bland, and lifeless CFM because their bread is buttered by MUT.
My first post in this thread enumerated a bunch of major feature adds Tiburon has dropped into Madden over the years - including this year - so the assertion that Tiburon "doesn't see the need or the benefit any longer in using resources to improve [...] CFM" is immediately provably false.

I'm sorry you didn't get the franchise wishlist features you wanted this year. If it is any consolation to you, I didn't either.

Quote:
You can spin in any way you want, but this is pretty clear to anyone who doesn't benefit by defending it.
Spin? Hah.

I don't apologize for knowing how video games are made, nor do I apologize for having personal and professional references with people who work on and/or used to work on Madden. If relevant professional and personal knowledge and experience is "spin", well believe in what you want I guess.

As to benefitting from "defending" MUT - again, I don't play the mode literally at all. Any changes to MUT are completely lost on me. I'm a franchise guy, just like everyone else in this thread. Hell, I work for a video game company which is not Electronic Arts, if anything I'm directly competing with Madden lol (more realistically, I'm a bug on their massive windshield).
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Top -