Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-11-2017, 02:03 AM   #33
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Wow, some people here just cannot stand to hear opposing opinions and viewpoints without calling it agenda posting. It's hilarious that anyone would get so defensive of a company that doesn't give 2 ****s about you as a customer.
Eh, since I replied to him a couple times I assume I fall under the "some people here", so...

I don't care that he doesn't like MUT. It's not my preferred mode by any stretch (my experience with MUT, as it is with all Ultimate Team modes, is one as a single-player. I don't play others or spend one extra cent on these things.). I care that he continues to look for any sliver of a mention of online existing to use it as a welcome mat to take a shot at a mode, and even more so that recently he's framing it as a discussion about lootboxes.

The lootboxes are something that we could actually have a real discussion on, but not if someone is just using it as a disguise for more complaining about MUT. Because he doesn't start these threads in the NBA2K forum. He doesn't start them in the MLB forum, the NBA Live forum, the UFC forum, the FIFA forum, or the NHL forum. Seems like someone who actually wants to discuss lootboxes, Ultimate Team modes, and their effects on games as a whole would want to have that conversation.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
My first post in this thread enumerated a bunch of major feature adds Tiburon has dropped into Madden over the years - including this year - so the assertion that Tiburon "doesn't see the need or the benefit any longer in using resources to improve [...] CFM" is immediately provably false.

I'm sorry you didn't get the franchise wishlist features you wanted this year. If it is any consolation to you, I didn't either.

Spin? Hah.

I don't apologize for knowing how video games are made, nor do I apologize for having personal and professional references with people who work on and/or used to work on Madden. If relevant professional and personal knowledge and experience is "spin", well believe in what you want I guess.

As to benefitting from "defending" MUT - again, I don't play the mode literally at all. Any changes to MUT are completely lost on me. I'm a franchise guy, just like everyone else in this thread. Hell, I work for a video game company which is not Electronic Arts, if anything I'm directly competing with Madden lol (more realistically, I'm a bug on their massive windshield).
See, therein lies the problem....your EA connection makes your defenses of the game biased as biased can be.. they have no credibility. Not bashing you, just stating your opinions are not as a normal consumer. we'll agree to disagree as always.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #35
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

We have this factual statement:

Quote:
Oh, and let's not dishonestly pretend that Franchise literally received zero changes for M18, either.
and then the very next person says this:

Quote:
When there are no improvements to that mode for several years
Throw in the hyperbole in the thread title as well, and it doesn't seem like a reasonable discussion can ensue. I got chided for saying it before, but it's true that some of these questions are not really questions at all, but are pseudo questions, designed to invite like-minded people to pile on.

The fact that some of the changes to Franchise mode in the last few years have not been to the liking of many of the core players of the mode is simply not synonymous with the mode being ignored. The ascendancy of MUT can not be considered the causal of that shift in design philosophy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #36
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

I'd point out that the changes brought up by CM Hooe seem driven to draw in new gamers to CFM.

Quote:
Many of the major additions and changes over the past few years - Things To Do, Play The Moments, rebuilt Scouting, Weekly Training, Play Now Live, etc. etc. - each focus more on newer Madden players than experienced ones. These features absolutely were built where they did not exist before, and they each made Franchise a better experience. It can also be true that these things aren't what a community like this one wants to see in the game.
Yet, what we see over and over from the usual suspects is that CFM should be used to draw in new gamers. What they really mean is that CFM should become deeper, more obtuse, and something devout sim gamer would be able say is not for the casual.

I'd ask a different question than Toupal:

As sim gamers have nearly killed off sports gaming as a genre (gone on PC, sales decline on consoles, adding an overall negative vibe to the community) can Ultimate Team modes and more arcade friendly features (Like Threes!) save console sports gaming from the demise it saw on PC?

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 12-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #37
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I'd point out that the changes brought up by CM Hooe seem driven to draw in new gamers to CFM.

Yet, what we see over and over from the usual suspects is that CFM should be used to draw in new gamers. What they really mean is that CFM should become deeper, more obtuse, and something devout sim gamer would be able say is not for the casual.

I'd ask a different question than Toupal:

As sim gamers have nearly killed off sports gaming as a genre (gone on PC, sales decline on consoles, adding an overall negative vibe to the community) can Ultimate Team modes and more arcade friendly features (Like Threes!) save console sports gaming from the demise it saw on PC?
Lol you're saying sim gamers are the reason for decline in sports games?...... That isn't right. As I am one of the few sim gamers in my friend group, I have seen all my casual friends drop Madden because franchise mode is wack. I don't talk about Madden to any of them so trust me there was no sim gamer impact. No one cares about Play the Moments, etc. when the actual mode is terrible it is not just sim gamers who are displeased with it. Sim gamers are possibly more vocal because it is usually those who have been around for a while and crave strategy not online cheese. The reason franchise is declining is because developers have moved to relying on online H2H to replace making a quality AI, among other reasons. It works better in a game like FIFA or 2K but just doesnt work in Madden for various reasons.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 12-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Lol you're saying sim gamers are the reason for decline in sports games?...... That isn't right. As I am one of the few sim gamers in my friend group, I have seen all my casual friends drop Madden because franchise mode is wack. I don't talk about Madden to any of them so trust me there was no sim gamer impact. No one cares about Play the Moments, etc. when the actual mode is terrible it is not just sim gamers who are displeased with it. Sim gamers are possibly more vocal because it is usually those who have been around for a while and crave strategy not online cheese. The reason franchise is declining is because developers have moved to relying on online H2H to replace making a quality AI, among other reasons. It works better in a game like FIFA or 2K but just doesnt work in Madden for various reasons.
If EA gave us the ability to have a user control an opposing team in CFM (example, me and my buddy start a CFM each controlling a team but rather than forcing us to play the AI on non-user matchups we have the ability to play each other by sending a friends invite form the controller select screen) they wouldn't have to sweat every AI detail. And it would be the only mode I would play....I gave up on UT and basically the only thing Madden has to offer me is playing randoms in online head to head matchups. Which is fine but I'm only interested 20% of the game....Playing the AI, UT, Longshot e.g. story mode...have no interest in any of it.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #39
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
If EA gave us the ability to have a user control an opposing team in CFM (example, me and my buddy start a CFM each controlling a team but rather than forcing us to play the AI on non-user matchups we have the ability to play each other by sending a friends invite form the controller select screen) they wouldn't have to sweat every AI detail. And it would be the only mode I would play....I gave up on UT and basically the only thing Madden has to offer me is playing randoms in online head to head matchups. Which is fine but I'm only interested 20% of the game....Playing the AI, UT, Longshot e.g. story mode...have no interest in any of it.
That is one thing hat bothered me.
I never had an issue with CPU moves before, because I could always edit them.

"Oh Drew Brees Sign with the Eagles? Not in my league!" Then move him to a team where he would actually play.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In a word, no.

Also, Clint's post aren't 90% MUT or competitive.

It may appear that way because that is the clientele of Twitter and that is a wide deep market.
Plus, I've been saying there have been positive signs of CFM improvements for Madden 19 and it's looking good we are headed down the path.

I only hope CFM doesn't take resources away from game play.

Tweet from Rex today with over 750 responses:

Rex Dickson‏

What are the communities top Franchise mode requests for M19? What features would you most like to see added?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »