Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Plus, I've been saying there have been positive signs of CFM improvements for Madden 19 and it's looking good we are headed down the path.

I only hope CFM doesn't take resources away from game play.

Tweet from Rex today with over 750 responses:

Rex Dickson‏

What are the communities top Franchise mode requests for M19? What features would you most like to see added?
They could do themselves a huge favor by addressing some of the more popular requests that they know aren't going to be able to make it in the game next year and letting us know the challenges of adding them. Let us know why we can't have coordinators, customizable draft classes, or properly functioning formation subs. Most of us have no idea what goes in to creating a game and I'd love to know what the reasoning is for features getting stripped out and taking so long to be brought back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
They could do themselves a huge favor by addressing some of the more popular requests that they know aren't going to be able to make it in the game next year and letting us know the challenges of adding them. Let us know why we can't have coordinators, customizable draft classes, or properly functioning formation subs. Most of us have no idea what goes in to creating a game and I'd love to know what the reasoning is for features getting stripped out and taking so long to be brought back
I am sure part of it is stripping out the legacy coding and putting in new coding. I think Ian used to mention the OL blocking coding was a mess to take out. A long long drawn out process.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Plus, I've been saying there have been positive signs of CFM improvements for Madden 19 and it's looking good we are headed down the path.

I only hope CFM doesn't take resources away from game play.

Tweet from Rex today with over 750 responses:

Rex Dickson‏

What are the communities top Franchise mode requests for M19? What features would you most like to see added?
Why do they have to ask this question every year, when the answers are the same, and plastered all over the various boards?
They SAY they're listening, but this shows they really aren't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #44
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof

I think any 'official' response would be that nothing is impossible in terms of making the game, that it's an issue of prioritizing; which I assume is why Rex is tweeting now. They probably have several things on the bubble for 19, so they'll gauge interest now to shift those things around.

That said, obviously not everything can be done at once and Madden franchise adds things at a slower pace than other games, so any transparency they can give into their process and timelines would be great. You would get the typical negative reactions from some if they cross off a wanted feature or two for a year, but I think the devs giving that kind of insight could also result in more focused feedback. Instead of an open-ended "what do you want?" it could be a "here's what our plans are. What are the most important aspects of (features) to you?"

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-12-2017, 11:34 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Why do they have to ask this question every year, when the answers are the same, and plastered all over the various boards?
They SAY they're listening, but this shows they really aren't.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
That could very well be true or they now have all the answers in one place instead of taking time to go all over the various boards that are plastered with answers for CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I think any 'official' response would be that nothing is impossible in terms of making the game, that it's an issue of prioritizing; which I assume is why Rex is tweeting now. They probably have several things on the bubble for 19, so they'll gauge interest now to shift those things around.

That said, obviously not everything can be done at once and Madden franchise adds things at a slower pace than other games, so any transparency they can give into their process and timelines would be great. You would get the typical negative reactions from some if they cross off a wanted feature or two for a year, but I think the devs giving that kind of insight could also result in more focused feedback. Instead of an open-ended "what do you want?" it could be a "here's what our plans are. What are the most important aspects of (features) to you?"

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I think a big problem is that most of us have no idea how hard it is to make a game and we see stuff we consider a little thing and assume it should be an easy fix. I'd love a dumbed down response about why they don't show what team a guy was on each year in his career stats or why they can't give us an option to pick the cpu's playbook
Old 12-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
The reason franchise is declining is because developers have moved to relying on online H2H to replace making a quality AI, among other reasons. It works better in a game like FIFA or 2K but just doesnt work in Madden for various reasons.
I really wish they'd get away from the gimmicky stuff and focus on fundamental mechanics like 2K does.

"Play Now" in 2K18 is pretty lame imo just like Madden because the AI will constantly work to manufacture some kind of outcome. In basketball 1 turnover isn't a big deal but in football it can be the difference between a win and a loss. So your observation IMO is correct, it does work better in other games.

Not sure about FIFA, but 2K's game modes that allow users to only play with other users really does a great job of getting around that aspect of gaming. I'll never expect EA to be creative enough to give us a similar option in football, that would be flat out insane, but I do think it would go a long way in attracting more sales because of a new competitive aspect that would be brought into the product. Anyone that has played football understands what makes it special is your teammates.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #48
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I really wish they'd get away from the gimmicky stuff and focus on fundamental mechanics like 2K does.

"Play Now" in 2K18 is pretty lame imo just like Madden because the AI will constantly work to manufacture some kind of outcome. In basketball 1 turnover isn't a big deal but in football it can be the difference between a win and a loss. So your observation IMO is correct, it does work better in other games.

Not sure about FIFA, but 2K's game modes that allow users to only play with other users really does a great job of getting around that aspect of gaming. I'll never expect EA to be creative enough to give us a similar option in football, that would be flat out insane, but I do think it would go a long way in attracting more sales because of a new competitive aspect that would be brought into the product. Anyone that has played football understands what makes it special is your teammates.
I think it would be possible to do something like 2K's Park with NFL street, and I think it would be huge. IDK if this is the team to do it but I can imagine it

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »