Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #49
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
They could do themselves a huge favor by addressing some of the more popular requests that they know aren't going to be able to make it in the game next year and letting us know the challenges of adding them. Let us know why we can't have coordinators, customizable draft classes, or properly functioning formation subs. Most of us have no idea what goes in to creating a game and I'd love to know what the reasoning is for features getting stripped out and taking so long to be brought back

Based on a read of the hundreds of tweets at Rex, I don’t think our requests are that”popular”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #50
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

I think it impacts development time, growth and improvements for other modes. And it also impacts gameplay b/c the mode is played with high rated players at every position on the field/court/etc. So i think it creates tuning/balance problems in other modes

But, i think the madden culture holds the game back. They spend more time maintaining Madden gameplay (ex. overpowered user players/actions, playmaker, excessive hot routing) instead of growing toward simulating NFL gameplay more (football problems w/ football solutions).

But back on topic, These modes bring in a lot of money so time should be put into them. But, the modes wouldnt have the opportunity to exist if the classic modes did not have user base before they existed.

Last edited by phant030; 12-13-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I think it would be possible to do something like 2K's Park with NFL street, and I think it would be huge. IDK if this is the team to do it but I can imagine it
IMO they should go the route they did with "Rushing Attack" in the older versions.

Expand on that and keep skill players in the game and go to 7 on 7's. Linebackers, DB's, RB's, QB, WR's, and TE's. Use the interactions between actual humans to hone the animations and develop realistic mechanics to create a legitimate football experience that actually feels like real football.

OTP was a low, low priority for them. I don't think they can think creatively enough to make it work despite the fact that it's the clear money maker in other sport games.

As I said earlier; It would be insane to think Madden's developers would ever create this type of experience. Multiple dev teams have consistently proven they are not at that level for almost 2 console generations now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #52
MVP

Toupal's Arena

A LOT of custom draft classes on that tweet.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
A LOT of custom draft classes on that tweet.
Good, I hope it makes it in and many people will be happy about it.

Just not an addition that holds my interest and yes, no problems being in the minority for that.lol

Last edited by roadman; 12-13-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #54
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good, I hope it makes it in and many people will be happy about it.

Just not an addition that holds my interest and yes, no problems being in the minority for that.lol
I'm with ya, Road. I know a lot of people want it, so I hope it gets added, but I personally wouldn't care about it.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #55
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I'm with ya, Road. I know a lot of people want it, so I hope it gets added, but I personally wouldn't care about it.
Same here, unless I'm misunderstanding what everyone is referring to, wouldn't you know who all the good players are before the draft if you customized the class?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #56
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Same here, unless I'm misunderstanding what everyone is referring to, wouldn't you know who all the good players are before the draft if you customized the class?
I think most people want it so they can edit the classes to be what the upcoming real-world draft classes would be. That's what some folks did when draft class editing was in before they patched it out. Which could also be a big reason of why it isn't in the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »